Week 153 Menu Plan Monday - Using What We Have

So ... have you missed the past couple of weeks of my Menu Planning? I have!

It's just been super busy at work and on the home front but so need to get back on track and do the right thing, both for ME and MY WALLET.  I get to make an online payment on Monday morning for $6000.00 for property taxes ... I just L O V E doing that! So here we are, yet again!

I'm hoping everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was the same as it always is when we are home, we had friends over, fried 3 turkeys, ate too much and consumed too much tequila, wine and champagne. But I woke up Friday morning and walked to the library to return some books (score for me as no late fee and I got a little exercise in) then continued on to the bank to make a deposit (for property taxes that are due on Monday) and then back home. That little jaunt sort of helped my slight tummy distress but more than anything, I wanted to enjoy the weather!

With that said, let me tell you ... since doing my first Whole30 (but not for the WHOLE 30 days!) and the reduction in drinking and eating crap food, I've found that my stomach is pretty damn sensitive now. Yikes. As in, state of misery for a few days, bloated and just crummy feeling. Not fun at all. So I'm thinking, yeah, there is something about certain foods that makes me feel like crap and I really want/need to be aware of what's going in and coming out! Sorry if that's too much information, but lets be honest, shall we??

The menu this week is NOT Whole30 or Paleo geared for the majority of those in the house ... but for those days where we are heavy on processed stuff (uhm, Sunday night, for example) I just have a large salad with some protein and use Tessemae dressing ... keeps me out of trouble for the most part!

With that said, here's what I'm looking at this week ahead!

Sunday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup (from the can with milk) ... long day hanging up lights outside! The grilled cheese weren't as fancy as the original recipe, but did use provolone and cheddar because I wanted to use what we had on hand!  I had the above mentioned salad with turkey and Tessemaes  lemon garlic dressing ;-)


Monday - Turkey Club Lettuce Wraps - leftover turkey, cooked bacon, marinated tomatoes and mayo ... yummm ... will also be freezing the leftover turkey at this point in serving size portions ... not sure if I will have time to make homemade mayo or not ...

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday (surprise!). I think everyone will be happy that the turkey has taken a break at this point ... will make up a bag of riced cauliflower to make taco bowls for Hubby and I too! (recipe coming Tuesday!)



Wednesday - Ranch-y Pork Chops in the Crockpot with mashed taters (in fridge) ... 



Thursday - Turkey and Broccoli Stir Fry with cauliflower rice (using Thanksgiving Turkey)

Friday - Burgers on the grill ... it's Friday!

Saturday - It's the Boy's 23rd birthday and I would like to see if we can get everyone together to go out for dinner this evening ...

Because I am trying to be way more mindful of what I eat there will be some nights where I will just improvise with a big salad and protein ... if I could get EVERYONE on board with me, life would be so much easier but then what would I do with all the food that I have on hand NOW?? :-)

What are YOU looking to make this week?

Sharing over at Menu Plan Monday ... go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs