Cubanos

This is a repost:

Living in South Florida has certainly exposed me to more foods than living in the small town in the Midwest. One of the things that surprisingly enough I love, is the pork sandwich, cuban style, or, Cubanos. These have things that I normally do NOT care for in eating, such as mustard and pickles (bleck) but I can, and do eat them in a Cubano without a second thought. That says a lot, trust me!

This is a great way to use up leftover pork ... but in my case, I almost always make sure I have extras so I can make Cubanos ... and using the paninni press from Aldi's made it even better!

Loaf of cuban bread (or french-I used this, italian, whatever hearty stuff you have)
cooked pork. sliced thin
cooked ham, sliced thin
pickles, sliced thin (I used hot and spicy dills)
mustard
swiss cheese (or any other cheese you have on hand)
butter


Such humble beginnings to create a great sandwich!

Cut bread in half and then open up long ways. Lay flat and butter the outside of bread.
For easier loading up, I layer (on a plate) a slice of cheese, a few slices of ham, some pork, more cheese and then pickles. That way, when you set the bottom piece of bread on the pan (buttered side down), squirt some mustard on the bread, set your pre-stacked meat on, and then add the top piece of bread (butter side up). Just makes it so much easier, in my opinion.

Stacked and ready to put on bread




IF pressing (which you should), close lid, carefully as everything can (and will) spit out the sides! Cook til cheese is melting and the bread has a nice firm toasty-ness to it.
I need to get some better pictures!

Comments

  1. This looks delish! I would love you for you to Link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how melty--yum! I'm not eating as much meat these days, but I know a certain husband would would LOVE for me to make this for him! Thanks for linking this to Food on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men do like this sandwich, I can say that! Thanks for popping over!

      Delete
  3. Yummy,Thanks for linking up to creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs