Grocery Cart Sundays

I don't know why, but I love to read what other bloggers are buying at the grocery store.

Yeah. I guess you could say I'm obsessed with food ... but I 'think' I have a healthy relationship with it ;-)

So, with that said, I thought, what the heck, I'll try to share my weekly grocery trips ... and if everything is going according to plan, you would even get a picture or two ... but of course, things don't always go as planned ... and again, this was one of those weeks with NO pictures :-(

A bonus for me to share weekly is to keep my grocery budget in check (hopefully!)


So.

I apparently have forgotten that I have a budget. Well, maybe THAT'S the problem is that I don't have a real bona fide budget. I mean, seriously. I say xx a month but then when I go over that amount, I continue to shop ... sometimes with a little more restraint, other times not. I'm thinking that I really need to rework that process as the way I'm currently handling the so-called budget is just NOT working.

Oh, yeah. I also, sort of, forgot to post a menu plan this past week ... what is going on in my universe??

Ahem.

This past week involved TWO stores ... Trader Joe's and Costco. Yup.




Trader Joe's was a little surprise as to how fast it added up.  I attribute that to the giddiness I had when I finally saw the bags of Riced Cauliflower! Yes, $1.99 for a 12 oz bag and I bought 8 bags (honestly, I thought it was 6 but whatever) ... and I felt compelled to pick up a few other things, and before you know it, I had a bill ... 

Trader Joes:

4 boxes of Joe's Diner Mac & Cheese (for Hubby and Boy) $2.99 each
2 bags of toasted coconut chips $1.99 each (o m g these are delicious but do have added sugar)
8 bags of Riced Cauliflower $1.99 each
2 pkgs of Chicken Red Curry Medallions $5.99 each (honestly, really should not have bought these as I probably will not like)
2 12 oz pkgs of shredded cheddar cheese $3.49 each 
2 boxes of turkey gravy $1.49 each
2 bags of organic unsweetened coconut shreds $1.99 each
2 pkgs of fried onion pieces $2.99 each

Grand total (surprise!) $63.76

Then ... had to attend a Care Plan Meeting for my dad on Thursday afternoon and since I was there, figured I'd hit up Costco for a "few" things ... no list in hand, mind you:

2 bottles of cheaper champagne $11.99 each less $2 each
2 dozen organic eggs $6.99
3 bags of GF Harvest Mix snacky stuff $7.69 each
Twin pk (32 oz I believe?) of rotisserie chicken lunch meat $8.79
pkg of crimini mushrooms $3.99
bag of Asian Chopped Salad (cabbage) mix $4.99
3 pk of butter lettuce $4.49
box of assorted crackers $8.99 less $2.50
bananas $1.39
3 pk hothouse cucumbers $3.99
6 pk of avocados $4.99
pkg of sliced ham $7.68
3 pk of Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage $13.99

Grand Total $111.27

Total for week: $175.03. Total for month to date with TWO WEEKS left: $526.03. Ahem.  Some of the items were purchased for Thanksgiving and potential Boat Parade Party (although that may not be happening if we end up going north for a few days) but still ... I haven't picked up a turkey, taters, or anything else yet!

How about you? What did YOU buy this week and do you have a bona fide budget? I'm really going to focus on that and just give myself a set monthly FIRM limit and use C A S H only ... I used to do that and then I don't know, sort of got lazy I guess :-( 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs