Menu Plan Week #143 - Using What We Have

Soooo....Thursday morning, I got upset, threw down the kitchen towel and said TODAY IS THE DAY ...

Whole30, that is.

I've not quite relayed that exact message to the family but they certainly know something is up.

Saturday, I woke up at 6am, STARVING, but no where near ready to wake up ... so I grabbed a Honey Crisp Apple and sat in the guest room watching the sky change colors ... Kitten was sweet enough to join me while I chomped away on the apple. Just for the record, cats don't care for apples ;-)

So after the apple and a glass of water, I went back to bed ... it's been a rough week. FINALLY rolled out of bed around 10:30 or so and made myself some real breakfast. But man, the headache I had ... which continued all through the day and night ... even with Advil and tons of water. I'm thinking it's the coffee/cream/sugar/beer withdrawal.  Seriously, so bad, I could only hang out with the kids poolside for about 45 minutes, as much as I wanted to get some sun that day ... oh well.

So ... without the family KNOWING exactly whats going on (it's a mute point since I prepare 90% of the meals), here's what I'm aiming for:

Sunday - sliders - picked up at WF Friday, grass fed ... served them over sweet potato rounds (Aldis) with some sliced avocado (Aldis) and Roma tomatoes (Aldis). I offered up a little salad on the side too and yes, the lettuce was from Aldis as well! I need to do a post on the sweet potatoes as they were pretty tasty! FYI ... Hubby used buns as he's not quite on this kick yet.


Monday - 4 Way Chili ... chili was made on Friday night and I'm excited for this meal! Fingers crossed the day isn't as bad as it looks at this time!

I will skip the cheese this time and probably add some sliced avocado

Tuesday - Smokey Crock of Pork ... I'm offering up over cabbage, not quite coleslaw and for those who insist, bbq sauce and buns

Wednesday - Fingers crossed that all is going well as I want to make some Chinese this night ... General Tso and a new to me recipe, Un-Rolled Egg Rolls ... if all goes well, I'll share!

Thursday - changing things up this week as the Boy wants to make something special for his girl, so it's Taco Thursday ....

Friday - Chicago Style Hot Dogs ... I have a new technique that I want to try for myself ;-) ... I'll keep you posted! Obviously, mine will not have a bun or that funky green relish ;-(


Saturday - Hubby's choice, but will steer him towards some of the Tbones steaks in the freezer!

What are you cooking this week? And ... I gotta ask, have any of you done this Whole30 before and if so, how did it go? I'm on Day 4 and uhm, finally, at 6pm, the headache and stomach ache has gone away ... quite certain it was from insufficient food intake the past few days as I fell asleep last night before dinner was ready (Hubby was making chops on the grill) and then I slept for 2 hours this afternoon ... WTF??

Looking forward to sharing over at Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday ... go check it out!

Comments

  1. I just read the book. Personally, I think it's too extreme. Sorta like Paleo or Atkins. But, I'm sure it's a great detox diet.
    I'm all for all things in moderation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs