Menu Plan Week 85 - Using What We Have

I am almost done inventorying and organizing the freezers ... we have a LOT of food there ... if you want to see what I have so far, check back and click on the tab above that says Pantry / Freezer Inventory ... I want to try and keep that page updated and hope to have enough time, ambition and willpower to keep it up to date. Wouldn't that be GREAT for future Pantry Challenges and such??

Any way.

We had a fairly frugal week last week with only a few basic stops at the grocery store. Of course, Sunday, Hubby felt compelled to make some Orange Juliuses and sent the kids to the store to pick up a few ingredients ... ugg! But thats ok, the 6 of us really enjoyed them and he felt good making them for all.

Here's what I'm aiming to make for the week ahead:

Sunday - Coconut Chicken! That was the plan ... didn't happen. The air conditioning decided to freeze up while we hung out in the pool ... we ended up doing pizzas from the freezer and leftovers. The great day ended up being a little crabby as the house got warm quickly.

Monday - burgers on the grill for 4. Beef from freezer, will need to buy buns, and cabbage salad on the side (cabbage in fridge, balance of ingredients in fridge and pantry). The house was pretty toasty with the air conditioning being froze up so there was pool time afterwards.

Tuesday - leftovers (chicken, burgers, etc.) for 3 of us.

Wednesday - I believe Hubby is out with business associates and I'm thinking of a simple shrimp dish. Yummm. Shrimp in freezer, peppers in the fridge (will add chili flakes to add heat). If princess is eating with me and wants bread, I'll just use up some hot dog buns in the pantry.



Thursday - Fend for yourself. I'm heading out to a free concert with a girlfriend and Hubby has business plans. I will pack a small cooler for drinks and maybe make a few deli roll ups to take to eat when I get there so I'm not drinking (seabreeze!) on an empty stomach!

Friday - Yeah, it's Friday!  I'd like to do pizza (dough and cheese in freezer) with wings (wings in freezer) ... my thoughts are do the wings in the crockpot and finish them in the oven (sort of along the lines of the damn fine chicken)





Saturday - Hubby's choice ... will push him towards a hunk of beef (again!) that I have in the freezer. 6 to 8 will be eating. I will pick a side depending on what we cook ;-)

Looking forward to linking up with Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday ... go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs