Week 64 Menu Plan - Using What We Have ...

And ... entering Week 40 of Hubby's Unemployment Adventures ... never, ever did  I think it would be this long. The good news is that there was a lot of activity last week and the 3 potential opportunities would be excellent if chosen ... fingers crossed, say a prayer or two and I'll keep you posted!

The Boy and I did a trip to Costco on Saturday morning. I held out for a few weeks and finally, even Hubby was requesting stuff. My #1 mistake was in taking the Boy with me ... and saying YES too many times. But he's gotten much more conscientious of food intake and I can't argue with him on his choices ...

So with THAT big trip out of the way, I need to be more conservative for the rest of the month ... and first stop will be to the bank to get some more cash in my wallet ... I did A LOT of shopping last week using my debit card and honestly, couldn't even tell you how much I spent. I'm tempted to gather the receipts and check them out but afraid of the number I will see after I add to the Costco bill ... but I do know that I spent way more than I would have if I used cash instead ... this past week just reminded me that I truly DO need to stick with cash and leave the debit/credit cards at home!

Finally got around to making the Crock pot Chicken Chili I've been referencing the past few weeks. You will definitely be seeing the recipe as it's a keeper! 

So, here's what we have planned for Week 64 of Using What We Have!

Sunday - Salad with grilled chicken and homemade salad dressing. I'm glad to have an abundance of lettuce, peppers and such for now! Chicken from freezer



Monday - (Yes, I know it's Saint Patricks Day and Happy St. Patty's Day to you! ... we don't celebrate the day as most do, rather, for us, it's a low key celebration of life for Hubby ... he prefers it to be quiet and calm ... see post on Monday) Chicken Chili ... recipe coming soon (trust me, it's worth it!). Chicken from freezer balance of ingredients were in fridge and pantry (this was made on Saturday and saved for dinner tonight!)

Tuesday - Taco (salad) Tuesday!  Beef turkey from freezer, balance from fridge/pantry. Using turkey at Hubby's request since I have 3 packages in freezer.



Wednesday - Crockpot Day! Ranchy Pork Chops with mashed taters. Chops from freezer, taters are premade from fridge. Will most likely offer a small salad on the side.



Thursday - I'm thinking this needs to be clean out the fridge / leftover night ... if nothing available, salad and sandwiches (salad in fridge, lunchmeat in fridge).

Friday - Hubby's Choice ... not really sure as I type this what we have planned ... might convince him to make some of the chicken sausage from freezer with tater tots or something along those lines

Saturday - Hubby's Choice - again, not sure what's planned, we do have some nice filet mignon left in the freezer that I would like to cook up before too much more time passes ...

What are YOU planning for the week?  Go check out Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday for 100's of other menu plans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs