Sesame Beef (and Chicken) with Peppers Teriyaki

There are so many new recipes that I've gathered and am just dying to try ... I'm not sure how long I can hold out!  The beauty of this one for me is that I have everything in house to make ..

I got this one from an email from the College Inn website (you know, the chicken and beef broth people!) ... and of course, I've modified it to our taste...

2 cups beef broth (pantry)
2 cup jasmine rice (pantry)
4 tbs teriyaki sauce  (fridge, I used Tonton Hibachi Japanese Steak & BBQ Sauce with Sake!)
3 tbs cornstarch (pantry)
2 lb sirloin steak, sliced thin (freezer)
2 lb b/s chicken breast (freezer)
4 tbs sesame oil (pantry)
12 oz bag of broccoli florets (freezer)
Red bell pepper cut into strips (freezer, couldn't tell you how much but it was alot)
Onion, sliced (chunky wedge would have been better but I had sliced in the freezer because I have none - freezer)
A tsp scoop or so of minced garlic (fridge)
Sesame seeds, lightly toasted (pantry)

Toss rice into the rice cooker if you have, and water (per your instructions, otherwise, 2 cup rice and 2 1/2 cup broth in a pot on the stove). Cook as directed.  If you using plain rice, try to swap out water for broth IF you have enough. I didn't as I was using jasmine rice.

Combine broth, teriyaki sauce and cornstarch til combined.

In large skillet, cook steak and chicken in 2 batches with 1 tbs oil until browned, remove (remember, if you over cook the beef it will be chewy). Cook and stir broccoli, pepper, onion and garlic in remaining oil for about 3 minutes til crisp tender. Pour reserve broth mix into skillet, cook, stirring til thickened. Add meat and heat ... sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Serve over rice .... enjoy!

This was real good. I think next time, for me anyways, I would just do chicken as the only person who doesn't mind steak cooked in a skillet is Princess ... There is plenty of leftovers for lunch today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs