Grocery Cart Sundays

I don't know why, but I love to read what other bloggers are buying at the grocery store.

Yeah. I guess you could say I'm obsessed with food ... but I 'think' I have a healthy relationship with it ;-)

So, with that said, I thought, what the heck, I'll try to share my weekly grocery trips ... and if everything is going according to plan, you would even get a picture or two ... but of course, things don't always go as planned ... and again, this was one of those weeks with NO pictures :-(

A bonus for me to share weekly is to keep my grocery budget in check (hopefully!)

I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving and you are making your way through all the leftovers in a timely manner? Me? I'm not a big turkey fan and the leftovers can drag on for too long in my opinion. Usually I make Hot Browns but this year I wanted to keep it lighter and more healthier (and Whole30 compliant) so I stuck with salad stuff ... 

BUT ... that's not why you are here today, is it??  Nope. You are here to see how the ole grocery cart looked this past week, uh huh? 

Alright, alright. I'll share ... but first, I want to share that I am considering changing up my budgets all around. Of course, food is the number one thing that you can change the quickest and see fast results ... but I am setting myself up for another new year and I have some pretty lofty goals for 2016!  I'm looking forward to getting everything finalized and on paper because once it's in writing, it's so much easier to review and stay on track ... but as it stands right now, I think $100 per person per month is what I'm going to aim for. That's $300.00 currently. Not sure how I will handle the friends and families that come to eat often ... but I think I could do this for a little while, even under a Whole30 plan ... but I still need to tweak this a little more before I share all the details ;-)

Ok, here's how the grocery carts looked:

Aldi - Stop #1 (the Boy was with me)

Dozen large eggs $2.39 (ugh)
2 32 oz containers of plain greek yogurt $3.69 each
8 pk of paper towel $5.99
pk of string cheese $2.79
sliced cheese (real stuff) $1.99
5 8 oz pkgs of cubed cheese $1.99 each
container port wine cheese $2.99
celery .99 cents
12 pk ice cream bars $2.49
2 containers mushrooms $1.29 each
2 containers of grape tomatoes $1.49 each
bottle of orange juice $2.09
pkg of bagels $1.69
2 bags of potato chips $1.49 each
2 bags of shredded hashbrowns $1.75 each
3 pkgs of brown and serve dinner rolls .99 cents each
2 heads of iceberg lettuce $1.29 each
bag of tortilla chips $1.79
jar of salsa $1.89
bananas .96 cents
3 cucumbers .49 cents each
bag of red onions $1.49

Grand total $68.43 (how??)

And then ... I went again to Aldis:

2 bags of baby carrots $1.49 each
4 pk of zucchini $1.99
2 bags of cranberries .99 cents each

Grand total $6.95 (and all I really wanted was the cranberries!)

Then ... off to Publix:

gallon of bleach $3.15
2 pkgs of taco seasoning .99 cents each
3 8 pks of diet coke and coke $3.99 each with one of them being free ($8 total)
small bag of sugar $1.55
2 jars of mayo 5.89 for both (buy one get one free)
dish soap $2.19
4 containers coffeemate cream $3.83 each and only 2 were paid for (buy one get one free)
2 bags of green beans .99 cents each
buttermilk $2.19
2 containers sour cream $2.19 for both (buy one get one free)
container fresh salsa $2.50
4 rolls of sage sausage $12 for all
cocktail sauce $1.99
bag of splenda $7.59 (which I'm seriously considering taking back not sure why I bought it)
2 bottles of Santa Margharita wine $22.99 each and $2 off each
2 jars of dill pickle slices $2.99 for both (buy one get one free)
4 8 oz pkgs of cheese (block) $4.49 each and only paid for 2 (buy one get one free)

gallon of milk $3.45
large container of spring mix $5.99
18 count eggs $4.49
2 boxes of crackers $3.79 for both (buy one get one free)

Grand total $142.16 ... 

Did anyone notice that I did NOT buy a turkey (or two, or three) this year? We handled everything EXCEPT the turkeys this year which was sort of nice ... oh, any my one friend made the mashed potatoes ... but otherwise, we cooked all the sides ;-)

A lot of money was spent this week but quite a bit of those ingredients will be carrying over in to the new month AND the Splenda? Not sure what I was thinking when I picked it up but I think I'm returning it since no one will use it and heck, it was expensive!

How did your grocery shopping go this past week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs