BLT Lettuce Cups

So this Whole30 thing hasn't been too horribly bad ... I think the first "failed week" was due to my total lack of preparation. This last REAL week hasn't been too hard at all ... the food prep on Sunday has paid off and I'm glad I had that food on standby for those few nights I got in later than anticipated ... even with the stressful issue with Princess being admitted to the hospital on Thursday, I've held strong ... thankfully ;-)

So ... the BLT Lettuce Cups were on my Whole30 Board, because I knew I had everything on hand. Sadly, it wasn't until SATURDAY that I got around to making them and then I was like, geesh, I should have made these sooner ;-)



This was MY lunch on Day 6 ... and if you follow me on Instagram, you can see what I've been eating for about 75% of the meals ... I just can't be bothered remember to snap a photo each time I -eat!



Lets make these little food bombs, shall we? *This was for ME and me only, otherwise I certainly would have doubled up, tripled up, the ingredient list!

4 lettuce leaves ... I used butter lettuce as that was what I had on hand that needed to be used up
3 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
6 grape tomatoes, sliced in half and then cut in half again
1/2 avocado, diced (I need to perfect my dicing and separating skills)
1 stalk of green onion
dab of mayo (isn't it time you learned how easy it is to make?)
dash of olive oil
dash of dried italian seasoning
dash of salt and pepper

Lay out the lettuce leaves on a plate and pat dry if they are still a little wet.

Toss your tomatoes in a small bowl and add the olive oil, salt, pepper and italian season. Stir and set aside.

Walk outside and think, wow, maybe fall is coming soon to Paradise then realize it's just the wind blowing the humidity out ... nothing major to get excited about.



Come back in and give them tomatoes a stir after about 10 minutes of sky gazing. Drain the excess liquid if any out of the bowl.

Add a bit of mayo to the center of each lettuce leaf, smear a little to spread out.  Add the tomatoes to each lettuce leaf.

Sprinkle with the bacon pieces.

Sprinkle with the avocado.

Garnish with the sliced green onions.

Serve up and Enjoy!

See ... eating Whole30 compliant is all that big of a deal after all, is it?

Looking forward to sharing with some of these Great Parties ... go check them out!


Comments

  1. Any easy but delicious meal and something different. I always find that lunchtimes I usually just have the same thing so a change would be nice. Thanks for sharing with us at #WednesdaysWisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! We eat a lot of lettuce cups in our household with my food allergies. The Food Network came out with pamphlet called 50 bacon appetizers last year, and I worked hard to make my way though all of them that I could! And one was a BLT lettuce cup!! Thank you for sharing. And good luck on your journey. Happy FF,and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avocado with bacon- it is very delicious combo, I'd love to have such lettuce cups for my late breakfast! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe with other bloggers at Fiesta Friday! :)
    Cheers,
    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would just love your awesome BLT Lettuce Cups! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is delicious and healthy reciep, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Friend, You always have the best projects!!! Thank you for sharing at the Friday Favorites Link Party! Please join us again to share what you have been working on this week. Hugs - Christine at Must Love Home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs