Oven Roasted Broccoli

I am amazed that a little more than two years ago, I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR broccoli, cooked or raw ... no thank you!

But now? That's my number one reason I want to go to Costco ... to pick up these three pound bags of broccoli florets ...



I've even got kids who come over that swear they hate the stuff too ... and guess what? They are the ones that just sit at the counter popping these yummy bites in their mouth as if it's popcorn ... yes, it's that good!

I make a lot and as soon as it's cooled, I dish half of it up in a glass container and toss in the fridge for sides during the week ... I reheat them in the skillet with apple sausage for breakfast, add to a leftover meat for lunches and sometimes just add in for dinner too ... I've really been trying hard to eat more veggies and this is perfect. Broccoli for breakfast? Yes, try it, you will be surprised. I definitely feel fuller, longer when I have this in the morning!

Ok ... here's what you need to do:

Parchment paper to line a baking tray ... honestly, this stuff is a life saver and I use it for EVERYTHING (Costco buy at a good price)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper or a seasoning salt if you'd like. I use Hubby's premixed stuff which is salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and I'm sure some other mystery spice ;-)


Load the tray up with raw broccoli.  I like to cut the stems down the bigger pieces and cut the big pieces in half.  Really fill the tray up in a single layer as this stuff will shrink up and you may be disappointed with how LITTLE there is to eat after it's cooked ;-)

Drizzle with olive oil. NOT too much! We don't want it swimming (ahem, Hubby!). Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper or seasoning salt. Toss with your hands and pat all out to a single layer.

Place in the oven at 425. I use my convection ROAST option which is top and bottom heating.  Let that cook for about 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 375.

Some days I cook it for 15 minutes, other days, its' 20. Not sure what the timing is, but I really go by sight and feel (charry and crispy) ...



Once cooked to where YOU want it, pull out and let it cool for a bit. Fight off those who come around wanting to "sample" (eat it all!) ...

I always WISH I had made more and may have to start doing TWO trays as this stuff goes FAST! Who would have thought??

I use this with everything, from grilled chicken, hamburgers, etc. You know me, if I'm behaving and minding what I'm eating (ahem, staying away from GRAINS!) I generally just make myself a "bowl" of stuff and this is ALMOST always in the bowl ;-)

Beef Barbacoa is a perfect example!

Enjoy!

Looking forward to sharing with some of these great parties ... make sure you check them out! Wake Up Wednesday,  Instagram Blog Hop, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesday, Hump Day Happenings, Wednesday Roundup, My Stay At Home Adventures, Wonderful WednesdayHearth & SoulFluster Buster Creative Muster,  Show Me What Ya GotWhat's Cooking WednesdayIts a Party!Works For Me WednesdaySugar and Spice, Hump Day Happenings, Waste Not Want Not,  Wake Up WednesdayWhatever Goes WednesdayWednesday WhatsitsReal FunWork It WednesdayLovely Ladies, Weekly CreativeDomestic SuperheroAll Things ThursdayThe Weekly CreativeTogether on Tuesday, Tasty ThursdayFull Plate ThursdayCreate It ThursdayFabulously Frugal ThursdayCrafty Thursday Obsessions, Thrifty Thursday,  Showcase Your TalentThink Tank ThursdaySimple Lives Thursday, What To Do Thursday, No Rules Weekend Bloghop, Foodie Friday, Fabulous FridayGet Real Frugal FridayFrugal FridaysFreakin Did It Friday, Pure Blog LoveFeature FridayThe Pin JunkieFreedom FridayFriday FavoriteFoodie Friday, A peek into my paradiseWeekend SocialFoodie Friends FridayCelebrate It!,  Weekend RetreatWhat’s Shakin Weekend PotluckGet Him Feed Anything Goes,  Lil Luna Link PartyFoodie Friday, Foodie Friends Friday, Weekend PotluckTGI Friday Friday with FriendsSimple Living Foodie FridayInspirationsWeekend Wander,  Saturday Night Fever, A Bouquet of TalentThe Party BunchShow Off Saturday, I Gotta CreateShow Off WeekendShow Stopper SaturdaySweet and SavoryThe Weekend CreativeWeekend PotluckWill Cook For SmilesStrut Your Stuff Saturday,  Super Saturday Show & TellSunday Features,  Potluck PartySunday ShowcaseSnickerdoodle SundaySundae ScoopSuper Sunday, G’Day, Sunday’s BestMop It Up MondayMerry MondayCreative MondayThe ScoopMelt In Your Mouth Monday, Pinch of JoyPin It Party,  Made By You MondayHunk of Meat Monday,  What’d You Do This Weekend,  Making It CuterTime To Sparkle, Inspire Me MondayMealtime MondayTime To SparkleMakin You Crave MondayClever Chick, Motivational Monday,  Mix it Up Monday,  Save Money MondayMonday Funday, Anything Goes Monday, Making Monday, Lou Lou GirlsInspire Me Monday, Marvelous MondayIn and Out of the Kitchen, MemoriesTasty TuesdaysTuesdays At Our HomeHow To TuesdayHandmade TuesdayMaking a HomeShow Me The GoodsTotally Tasty TuesdayAll My Bloggie Friends, Retro Repin (Pinterest linkup) Share Your Stuff TuesdayTuesday Talent ShowFat TuesdayPenny Pinching PartyThe Gathering SpotAnti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Two Cup Tuesday, Create, Link, Inspire, The Makers, Wow Me Wednesday, Create and Shareloa, Best of the Weekend

Comments

  1. My husband loves to make broccoli so I'll share this with him! Thanks for linking up with Waiting on...Wednesday! Hope to see you back tomorrow!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs