Hard "Boiled" Eggs

I suppose the title probably gives it all away ...

They aren't really boiled! Doh!

Honestly. I've seen this pinned so many times and I think I've probably re pinned it numerous times and finally, FINALLY, I tried it.



Guess what?

It works, and can I just tell you that this is how I will be doing it from here on out? So easy and so convenient!



Ready for the nitty gritty details?

Get yourself one dozen eggs (that's twelve total!)

Get yourself a muffin tin. Hopefully, you won't be like me and say "hmmm...where is the muffin pan?" due to lack of use ... yes, I found it!

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.



Place an egg in each tin. It's meant to be: one dozen eggs fits a 12 cup muffin tin perfect. The stars have finally aligned!

Place the pan in the oven and set the oven to cook for 30 minutes. Since you are doing something to save time and money, just leave the light off. You really don't need to peek at them to see the status as you wont' really see anything happening.

Get yourself a large bowl, fill up with some ice and add water as you will need this too.



Honestly, I sort of expected the eggs to explode or something. That happened once when I made baked taters, I forgot to poke holes and they exploded. Not a good thing!

After 30 minutes, remove the pan and using tongs, transfer the babies to the ice bath. It took mine a whole 5 minutes to cool enough to peel and try one ... I was dying to see how they were.

Results?  An egg that peeled way easier than normal. Not rubbery AT ALL. No smell. AND ... no green ring around the yolk.

One of the things that DID freak me out though was the specks on the shell when I removed them from the oven. I'm not sure why but once they went in the ice bath, they were fine. It might have just been dirt or leftover chicken coop stuff/whatever (I don't really want to think about that, ok?)




I couldn't quite figure out WHY some of the eggs looked like this. They were fine to eat, though. The kids didn't like this and avoided the few eggs that had these spots after peeling.

There were also a few eggs that weren't quite cooked all the way through the yolk and I'm willing to bet that those were the eggs in the middle of the pan ... and maybe, just maybe, there were a little larger than the others. Regardless, I'd still do this, but it did freak the kids out a little when they got one that was rather moist in the middle ;)

I eat a lot of eggs in this house in a variety of ways. Hard boiled eggs are great to toss in a salad for some extra protein, make up a single serving of deviled eggs, make an egg salad (oh, don't forget to do the homemade mayo!) or just eat the thing as is.

I strongly recommend that you give this a shot.

Enjoy!


Looking forward to linking up with some great blog hops ... make sure you check them out!  In and Out of the Kitchen, I Gotta Try That, Tempt My Tummy, Memories, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays At Our Home, How To Tuesday, Handmade Tuesday, Making a Home, Show Me The Goods, Totally Tasty Tuesday, All My Bloggie Friends, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Penny Pinching Party, The Gathering Spot, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Tuesday with a Twist, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Show Me What Ya Got, Show Me What You Got, What We Wore/Read/Made, What's Cooking Wednesday, Its a Party!, Recipe Swap, Works For Me Wednesday, Sugar and Spice, Wake Up Wednesday, Wheat Free Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Work It Wednesday, Homemade By You, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Hearth and Soul, Real Fun, What I Whipped Up, Work It Wednesday, Lovely Ladies, Weekly Creative, Domestic Superhero, All Things Thursday, The Weekly Creative, Tasty Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Create It Thursday, Crafty Thursday Obsessions, Frugal Food Thursday, Thursdays Treasures, Somewhat Simple, Showcase Your Talent, Simple Lives Thursday, Show Your Stuff, Foodie Friday, Get Real Frugal Friday, Frugal Fridays, Food on Friday, Freakin Did It Friday, The Pin Junkie, Freedom Friday, Friday Favorite, Foodie Friday, A peek into my paradise, Foodie Friends Friday, Fun Friday blog hop, Happy Frigay, TGIF BLOG HOP, Weekend Retreat, What’s shakin, Weekend Wonders, Weekend Potluck, Get Him Feed Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Friday Foodfight, Lil Luna Link Party, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Inspirations, Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Feature Yourself Saturday, I Gotta Create, Show and Tell Saturday, Show Off Weekend, Show Stopper Saturday, Sweet and Savory, The Weekend Creative, Weekend Potluck, Will Cook For Smiles, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Super Saturday Show & Tell, Say G'day Saturday, Not Bad Sunday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Super Sunday, Mop It Up Monday, Creative Monday, The Scoop, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Dinner Time Recipes, Show Me What You Got, Made By You Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, Sweet Sharing Monday, On The Menu Monday, Meatless Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, Marvelous Mess, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Time To Sparkle, Mealtime Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, Clever Chick, Creative Corner Blog Hop, Make Your Own Monday, Mix it Up Monday
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs