Frugal Tip - Shower Caps

I hate plastic wrap. It's a pain in the neck, you know? I was using Stretch Tight which is the BEST one I've used ever, but still, annoying to deal with and never even 80% cooperative.

Then you can buy them little bowl covers at the dollar store, and others too. But those need to be cleaned, and really, do you know what they remind me of?

Glorified shower caps.

Yeah. Shower Caps. And THAT, my friends, is exactly WHAT I use to cover my large bowls and any other containers, plates, pans, trays, you name it.

Hubby used to travel frequently and I would always have him bring home the shower caps (and lotion, those get tossed in my purse and desk at work) ... Did you know that only about 60% of the hotels he's stayed at have shower caps?

You can buy an 8 pack of cheap plastic shower caps at the dollar store for, oh, ONE DOLLAR. I've had a hard time finding them so I think maybe, just maybe, I'm not the only one who uses them for this purpose...

On a side note: I've tried to use those on my HEAD, you know, the way they are meant to be used? They make my hair all steamy like. Anyone else ever have that??

These can be washed and reused numerous times before the elastic starts to break down. I use them to cover plates, bowls, pans, trays of fruit, dough, pasta salads and they come in handy for parties and bbq's ... nothing covers a big platter quite as efficient and easily as a shower cap!


NOTE: I will NOT try to reuse them if they touched raw meat or anything creamy like, only cheese, salad, you know, dry, non germy things!




 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs