Week 53 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

Week 29 of Hubby's Unemployment Adventures ... really!  I never, ever thought we would be going in to a new year as unemployed ... but then again, I suppose, in the back of my mind, I may have thought it was possible ... not pleasant, let me tell you.

I am aiming for a healthy week of eating as that is one of my MAJOR New Year's goals ... my hands have been killing me lately and the swelling is starting to cause some issues. So, with that ... here's what I am planning ...

FYI ... a NEW Aldis has opened up about 2 miles down the road from me, need to start checking it out for produce ... I'm pretty excited to have one so close ... wish it was on my way from work but it's not ...

Sunday - Sweet Mustard Chicken and broccoli ... there was a Costco run earlier and well, I needed to make something! Chicken bought (and a bunch in freezer) broccoli in fridge



Monday - hoping to finish up the balance of leftovers from the weekend to get ready for the NEW YEAR!

Tuesday - stuffed shells (tray in freezer), shrimp cocktail (shrimp in freezer, made the cocktail sauce), veggie tray and maybe some garlic bread ... we will hop a cab to Lauderdale By The Sea's festivities around 11pm with some friends.

Wednesday - Happy New Year! Fingers crossed that I show some control and am not hung over today as I really wanted to start a sort of Whole 30 kick off ... (I am not doing 100% compliant, modified version). I'm aiming to make some chili and some Batch Cooking (beef in freezer, balance of chili stuff in pantry, chicken in freezer)






Thursday - BLT Inspired Chicken Salad (chicken in freezer - cooking on Wednesday, bacon in fridge, tomatoes and bacon in fridge)




Friday - Chicken and Veggies on the grill (chicken in freezer, veggies in fridge


 
Saturday - Hubby's choice ... hoping to steer him towards HEALTHY!

What are you planning for New Years Eve and the New Year??

Linking up with Organized Junkie ... go check it out!

Comments

  1. No matter how hard I try and plan I never stick to it. I enjoy reading your plan though. NYE will be at my brothers so no idea. I did warn him I was back on the LC train though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit its hard to stick with it 100% as stuff always comes up. But at least I have a clue, as does Hubby, what we have on hand to make at any time during the week. I'd say we hit it on target about 80% of the time ...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs