Roasted Veggies

As you may know, I am trying (real hard!) to increase my intake of vegetables ... it's just a little difficult because I do NOT like a lot of veggies.



NOW, at the ripe ole age of 49, I'm finding that I don't like them because of the way they've been prepared.

Take broccoli for example ... (and if anyone is singing Chopping Broccoli while they read this, RAISE YOUR HAND!) ... I always hated the smell, the texture, the little shrubby pieces left behind in your mouth ... just everything about it, totally disliked and would turn my nose up at it ...

But I keep trying ... and NOW? I love it ... but only this way:

ROASTED.

Which is so stinkin easy, I can't believe I didn't try this before!!


Ready for the easiest recipe yet?

Take your head of broccoli and rinse well (you know little bugs live in there, right? Another thing I hated)

Dry best you can. Chop up the florets into smallish pieces, removing most of the stem part too.

Toss in a bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil, salt (this here is my new favorite salt!) and pepper ...


Line a baking tray with parchment paper and dump out the green trees, spreading them out to a single layer ...


Roast in the oven set at 400 degrees til brown and tender. Don't let them over cook and get mushy ... that's when they get that icky taste :-(



Serve up with something equally delicious on the side and call it a day!

Seriously, I can't believe I'm eating broccoli now!

*First time I did this, I made with cauliflower and broccoli. Lined the pan with foil and left the pieces rather large. Noticed that Sonny Boy was scarfing all the broccoli down. That's when I figured, heck, I better try that before he eats them all ... THAT was when I started buying broccoli every trip to the store!

*The foil, in my opinion, may make the veggies steam a little more ... the parchment paper makes it a little dryer for roasting purposes.

Linking up with some of these great blog hops ... go check them out! Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Feature Yourself Saturday, Show and Tell Saturday, I Gotta Create, Super Saturday Show & Tell, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Link& amp; Greet, Saturday Show & Tell, Say G'day Saturday, Not Bad Sunday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Mop It Up Monday, Mangia Monday, Creative Monday, Dinner Time Recipes, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Show Me What You Got, Made By You Monday, On The Menu Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, Meatless Monday, Clever Chicks,  Marvelous Mess, Mix and Mingle, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, On The Menu Monday, Mealtime Monday, I Gotta Try That Mondays, What’d You Do This Weekend, Creative Corner Blog Hop, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Monday, Mix it Up Monday, Tempt My Tummy, Memories, Tuesday At The Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Timeout, Handmade Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, How To Tuesday, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Penny Pinching Party, The Gathering Spot, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Show Me What Ya Got, Show Me What You Got, Work It Wednesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Its a Party!, Show and Tell, Recipe Swap, Works For Me Wednesday, What We Wore/Read/Made, Sugar and Spice, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wheat Free Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Homemade By You, Lil Luna Link Party, Whole Foods Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesdays, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Hearth and Soul, Super Link Party, Ultimate Recipe Swap, Thrifty Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Crafty Thursday Obsessions, Tasty Traditions, Somewhat Simple, Showcase Your Talent, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Thursdays Treasures, Frugal Fridays, Foodie Friday, Freakin Did It Friday, Friday Link Party, Food on Friday, Show Your Stuff, Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Friday Foodfight, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Inspirations, Get Real Frugal Friday

Comments

  1. Just found your blog when searching for "Cuban mop"..grin..I'm another South Florida gal (well, part time) who happens to love veggies. :) I've never tried that pink salt but heard so much about it, did you buy it locally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Whole Foods ... but I know I've seen smaller jars of it at Publix so I'd think any large supermarket chain carries it :) Hoping the cuban mop post helped!

      Delete
  2. This is going to be on our menu this week. How long would you estimate that you roasted them? And thanks for linking up to BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 20 minutes or so ... I really watched them as I didn't want them to be soggy or overcooked, my number one reason I really avoided these veggies!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs