Follow Me on Instragram

Instagram

Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 18 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

Eh … I did ANOTHER run to Costco this week since I was at the hospital visiting my dad and the Costco is just down the road from there … Which of course added a LOT of stuff to the pantries and freezers …

With Sonny Boy being home for a few weeks, I will try to add things on that he enjoys too … only because I don’t want the kid to starve to death AND I feel like I should be cooking things he enjoys since I’m his mom and he is visiting J Mothers guilt, it’s the worse!

Moving on with our Using What We Have theme … it’s not all that hard … probably because it would seem I’ve been shopping quite a bit lately … but at least we have plenty of protein in the freezers and lots of veggies and some fruits in the fridge … squishy white bread, not so much, and Sonny Boy was inquiring where I might be hiding the bread J Sorry kid, not around here anymore!

Sunday – LONG day on the boat, got home at 8pm … I had popcorn, kids all went out to some grillish bar place and brought Hubby home some clam chowder ... I think we may be getting too old to be hanging out at these kind of raftups :)



Monday – Chicken Parmesan … been awhile since I’ve made it … I will skip the pasta most likely ... my dad is having a pacemaker put in today so hoping that goes according to plan and I will be able to get home for dinner!
 

Tuesday – Tacos … will make mine a taco salad
 
 
 
Wednesday – grilled cheese sandwiches and soup … I need to go find my grilled cheese salad recipe … never did try it and I bet this might be a good night for me to give it a shot!

Thursday – out …

Friday – steaks on the grill
 

Saturday – Hubby’s choice … my birthday is the 5th so I’m thinking, maybe, just maybe, he’s taking me out ;)
 
Linking up with the following great parties ... go check them out! Organizing Junkie, Menu Plan, On The Menu, Whats on the Menu


2 comments:

  1. It's actually 97 degrees in Vegas today. Yikes! It's like we've skipped spring this year!
    Your menu looks delicious!
    Happy Birthday! Steaks are a terrific choice for a birthday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menu plnnng escapes me for no~ I fly by the seat of my pants most nights~ there's food in the pantry so we just have to combine what we have and, voila, a meal!

    ReplyDelete