Follow Me on Instragram

Instagram

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Costco Time

I've been wanting to get out to Costco all month long but just have not had the time nor the funds ... but heck, Saturday, I told Hubby I was going ... was hoping he'd come along too ... but noooooo thank you, said the Man. So off I went on my own.

I had a list. Fairly detailed too. AND I stayed away from the interior section ... you know, where all that STUFF that sucks you in is at ... what sort of excellent gift opportunities did I miss, I wonder? I will never ever know ... and I'm fine with that.

So, with my trusty list and the American Express card, I shopped. I ran over a few souls that were wandering from sample station to sample station and may have even snatched a hawain roll with ham out of an unsuspecting shoppers' hand ... or may be not ...

I opted out of a few items as the quality or price were not what I expected ... I'm always disappointed when the price goes up quite noticeably but it's the way the economy is rolling now days ...

35 pk bottled water (on a quest to get back to drinking lots of water) $4.99 *increase
box of swifter wet pads $15.89
box of swifter dry pads $15.79
Dawn dishsoap $9.29
TP $14.99
Papertowel $14.99
6 pack romaine lettuce $4.29
5 lbs of beefsteak tomatoes $7.99
100 pk Kirkland Kcup coffee $37.99 *New item and strongly recommend! A lot cheaper than other brands and 100, no 80 cups
5 lbs shredded mozz. $13.99 *increase
5 lbs of shredded cheddar $14.99 *increase
10 lbs yellow onions $5.99
20 lb baking potatoes $6.99
bag of Cashew Crunch $9.99 (this stuff is HIGHLY addictive)
Bag of protein powder (muscle milk) $32.99
20 oz crumbled bacon $9.99
10 lb organic cane sugar $8.99
balsamic vinegar $10.99 (this was one of the main reasons for my trip, I love the Kirkland brand when I make my salad dressing)
Twin pack of Franks Hot Sauce $5.69
Twin pack of Worcestershire Sauce $6.99
Twin pack of grey poupon mustard $6.69
wedge of Locatelli cheese $10.15
wedge of Coastal Cheddar $6.99
8 pk of black beans and rice $8.99
3 dozen xlarge eggs $4.99 x 2 *major increase
pkg of hard salami $5.80
pkg black forest ham $7.10
half and half $1.79
chicken thighs (bone in) $10.40 (99 cents/lb)
roasted turkey breast (lunchmeat) $9.89 x 2 *increase, I thought it was less money
cooked bacon $11.99 x 2 *increase
boneless spiral ham $24.39
5 lbs organic ground beef $16.99 x 2 ... this was $4.99 lb. I've been wanting to try it since ground beef is expensive anyways so why not spend an extra 50 cents per lb to try?

Grand total $427.58 with tax.

Yes, that was a LOT. AND I went to Publix on Sunday and spent another $122 ... BUT I'm set ... for a while anyways.

Stay tuned ... my bosses got me a  ... VITAMIX for Christmas ... um, not just ANY Vitamix either ... looks like I'm gonna have to stay with the job for another year  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment