Cuban Night - Mojitos!

I'm not much of a rum fan, but I've been drinking it here and there lately and when we did a big Cuban meal a few weeks back, I opted to keep it Cuban and made Mojitos.



Mind you, Hubby LOVES Mojitos and I've never had one so this was going to be an interesting experiment ... so off to Google I went.

SCORE! And it's a hit ... even better that I had everything in house needed so no extra trip to the grocery/liquor store needed ... whew!

8 mint leaves, torn from the stem
1 1/2 limes, cut in half
2 ounces white rum
2 ounces simple syrup (so easy to make, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, over medium heat in saucepan til sugar dissolves, let cool before using)
4 ounces of sparkling water OR club soda.
slice of lime (put a slit from one end to the middle)
mint sprig



Take a TALL glass and dump in the leaves and the simple syrup. Gently mash the mint leaves in the syrup to release the mint oil.

I had a small issue with finding something long enough with a base large enough to muddle ... this is the melon ball scooper (OLD) ... and then I switched out to a rolling pin (OLD again) ... that worked much better.
Add the rum and the sparkling water/club soda and the juice from 1 1/2 limes (I have an excellent, most handy juicer).



Give a quick stir and fill with ice.



Take lime and slide the slit side over the rim of glass and add little spring of mint. Beautiful.

Sip, and say SUMMERTIME IS HERE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs