3 Day Weekend and a Little News

Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Not a whole lot of anything special planned ... I will bring my dad over on Sunday so he can watch the Indy 500 in comfort ... Hubby wants to make him some real bbq chicken and corn on the cob to enjoy too .

But first, Saturday afternoon, we have to go to a funeral.

My neighbor Joan passed away on Wednesday.

She survived throat cancer all those years ago.

Then  recovered very nicely from the removal of her kidney.

Then went through 3 months of chemo and radiation for 5 days a week, 3 months straight for lung cancer.

Got a break from all that stuff.

Was told after 3 months that it had spread. To her bones. They wouldn't (couldn't?) do anything until she gained a little weight.

We did a few things here and there. But I've been 'busy' dealing with my dad and the usual LIFE things so not as much as I should have.

Had no idea it was as bad as it was as she didn't tell me, or anyone.

But 2 days after I spoke to her, I saw her husband outside, he told me Hospice was in and that she had become bedridden the day before. Totally unable to get up and move. :-(

She waited for me to come and talk to her after work on Wednesday. And passed away several hours later.

I've asked her to say hello to my mother, wave to my mother in law, and to play a hand of poker with my grandmother. She's the last of my mother figures to go. And I'm feeling slightly lost.

I know she's in a better place. No pain and certainly NO RAIN like we've had for the past 3 weeks. She's got plenty of good friends and family to visit now. And someday, hopefully not too soon, I will see her again.

Rest in peace Joan ... may you continue to bring us joy and laughter in all the memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs