Rosemarie Fizz - Happy Hour Friday!



Another Pinterest find ... surprise!!

This $20 weekly grocery budget leaves NO room for beer so I've had to make do with what I have on hand ... this week will be GIN.

I have no real stories about me and gin, other than I drank 2 gin and tonics one time at a  bar and when I stood up to use the girls room, fell down. Ummm, yeah, I guess that is a story. Gin sneaks up on you so do be sure to eat and move around, and I always encourage responsible alcohol consumption.

Original recipe is adapted by Cookie and Kate

All your ingredients ready to go?


And this is how I made it:

1 spring of fresh rosemary, about 2 inch each (from the garden, thrilled to find a use for it!)
a small splash of lemon juice (I'm using concentrated because it's what I have on hand)
1/2 tsp honey
1 1/2 ounces gin
3 ounces club soda

Honestly? Lemon juice concentrate


In a small rocks glass (short and squatty), drop in a couple of rosemary leaves (pull along the base of stem and they 'should' just come right off) and muddle (smash) the rosemarie, lemon juice and honey. I used the little handle thingy from my mortar and pestle ceramic set. I tossed the wooden one I had out a while ago. Drats. Basically you are just releasing the oils from the rosemary, it's not going to mush it or anything...

Fill glass with ice, and pour in the gin and club soda.

Give a little swirl, garnish with a slice of lemon (IF you have, I did because my stop for one lonely lemon at Whole Foods turned into a $31.59 trip) and serve.

Cheers!


Not so bad after all. It's actually a little refreshing with just enough fizz to satisfy me. Make sure you use soda water, NOT tonic water (completely different taste there).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs