Happy Hour Friday - Pineapple Upside Down Martini

I made these last weekend, just one. It didn't knock my socks off because:

a. I didn't use vanilla vodka, big mistake
b. the pineapple juice is unsweetened and I like sweet things.

This weekend, I'm picking up a SMALL bottle of vanilla vodka and doing a remake ... you should too!

3 ingredients, way too easy ...
Of course, found it on Pinterest and the video is pretty cool so I highly recommend you watch so it shows you how a PROFESSIONAL bartender does it.

Me? I'm a simple girl who likes to entertain at home, so I do it different!



Here's what you need:

1/2 ounce grenadine  (see the canning jar there?
I MADE MY OWN ... watch for recipe)

2 ounces pineapple juice (no sugar added!)

2 ounces vanilla vodka (redoing with vanilla vodka!)

If you have, cherries and pineapple chunks for garnish

Pantry staples in this house



Pour the grenadine directly into your martini glass



Pour the other 2 liquids in a shaker filled with ice.




Cap the shaker and shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake your booty.

Put the strainer top on and slowly pour the liquid over a spoon so it does not disturb the bottom layer in glass.



OR you can do like the bartender shows you, but I do not have a steady hand and HATE dribbles on the outside of a glass and that is what would happen to ME.

So pretty

Have 4 of these we swiped from Vegas last year



Garnish with a cherry and pineapple on a pick and serve it up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs