Baked Shrimp Scampi

Ummm, I think I've declared my love of Pinterest enough already, haven't I?  It's just a wealth of all sorts of cool things ... recipes, clothes, diy projects and so on. It's also a time sucker, so you do need to use care =D

So anyways, yet again, a new recipe this week, courtesy of What's Cookin, Chicago? (my hometown!) and heck, again, I've got everything in house to make it ... I cut the recipe in half as I thought 2 lbs of shrimp was just too much ...

Here's how I did it:

1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined (and I removed the tail too)
1 1/2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs dry white wine
salt and pepper
3/4 stick of butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
a little less than a quarter of an onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbs parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp rosemary, chopped
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest (seriously, this does make all the difference in a dish)
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup or so of panko (or crushed bread crumbs)
lemon wedges to serve alongside

Mix oil, wine, 2 tbs butter and 1 tsp pepper in mixing bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Let sit on counter while you continue preparation. NOTE: If you are talking to Chatty on the phone, be sure that you don't add the shrimp FIRST as you need to be able to MIX the stuff first.

Add remaining ingredients to another bowl, along with 1/4 tsp salt and dash of pepper (except the lemon wedges) and mash all together.

In large shallow baking dish, arrange shrimps cut side down. Pour the marinade over the top of them and then spread/dot the butter mixture over the top.



Bake 10-12 minutes or so at 425 degrees til hot and bubbly. You can brown the top if you'd like by turning on the broiler the last few minutes.



Serve with lemon wedges along side and a side of rice if desired. We used Basmati rice as that's what I had ready to go...



Yeah, it was good. But I think I need to NOT be talking on the phone when I make it next time. Just because ... I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention as I should have been ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs