Chicken Marsala - Easier

I have a love hate relationship with Pinterest lately. Do you have any idea how many NEW blogs I've found that are dedicated to cooking?? AAAAAHHHHH

If I continue, I could be the size of my house, which is NOT small.

So anyways.

Today's feature recipe is brought to you by Savory Sweet Life and is an easier chicken marsala recipe.

I, of course, double it because: a) we love leftovers and b) if it's really good and we don't have any leftovers, there will be repercussions and c) we love leftovers ...

So here's MY version:

4 chicken breast ... these are from Penn Dutch and they are like GIGANTIC whole breast. That sounded borderline xrated but seriously, these must be some large chickens
1 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken broth (I used bouillon granules)
1/2 cup white wine (dry)
6 tbs olive oil (originally states 1/2 cup oil but I used butter too)
6 tbs butter
1 lb sliced mushrooms
flour for dredging
salt and pepper

Notice a few things I changed up?


Take the chicken breast and slice them in half so they are not super thick. I don't normally pound mine thin as it makes a mess, it's loud, and well, I have other ways to vent my frustrations!

Heat large skillet over medium high heat and melt 3 tbs oil and 2tbs butter.

Season both sides with salt and pepper. And if you are like me, you do this ahead of time, stick them in the fridge and wait til its time to cook dinner




Place flour on paper plate for fast and easy cleanup


and dredge chicken in flour, shake off excess.

Cook chicken 3 to 4 minutes on one side and flip over when golden brown. Cook on other side til fully cooked, remove to dish and cover with foil. Repeat with all chicken, adding more oil and butter as needed.

Once all chicken is cooked, add 2 tbs butter to pan, add mushrooms and cook 5 to 7 minutes til they start to give off liquid.


Add marsala wine, chicken broth and remaining ingredients.




Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook about 10 minutes.

Add chicken back in and let simmer a few more minutes to warm thoroughly.


Pour all in serving dish OR individually over pasta.

Enjoy!

Of course, it should be noted: this was Friday night. My girlfriend/neighbor had been gone for 2 1/2 weeks and was back home. She came over about 8'ish, dinner was cooked and being kept on warm as Hubby was still messing with his new obsession, so I went outside and sat on the patio with Helena while we shared wine and beer (her wine, me beer). Hubby finally ate his dinner and I made this measly plate at 11:30pm. Ummm. It was good but so not how I planned. Just keeping it real!


Do you like Chicken Marsala?

Comments

  1. I made your Chicken Piccata and we loved it! Now I have to try the Marsala. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs