Mac and Cheese - the Easy Way

I have an excellent macaroni and cheese recipe but its time consuming and has a gazillion steps and THEN it goes in the oven.

Not exactly a week night friendly recipe.

And with Sonny Boy leaving in a few weeks, I've been trying to find some easy, boy friendly recipes.

So I made it a point to definitely get the recipe tried and see how it works before handing a rice maker off to him for food purposes.

A HUGE thank you goes out to Lynn for her sharing of the Rice Cooker Macaroni and Cheese.

You can bet I was skeptical. And I had to halve the recipe because I've got a puny rice cooker. But wow! It was good.

Click here for Lynns original recipe. Below is how I made mine...

1 cup chicken broth (although I would say 1 cup of water would be just fine)
1 cup of quick cook noodles (if you've been stocking up on the good sales and coupons to get it almost free noodles, you will LOVE this recipe)
slightly more than 1/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese of choice

Put the chicken broth (or water) in the rice cooker and add the noodles. Put the lid on and turn on the rice maker. Let it do its thing until it kicks off, about 15 minutes or so.

Give the noodles a quick stir to break them up (they will stick together a little) and add the milk and the cheese. Give it a quick stir again and put the lid on. Walk away for about 5 to 10 minutes and come back and serve it up!



Yum! This is a keeper! Highly highly highly recommended!

NOTES: First batch was for Sonny Boy and G/F and was made with cheddar cheese. They devoured it. Which is why I made a second batch for Hubby and me. This time around I used pepper jack cheese. Whew. It's warm.



Sonny Boy asked if he was getting the rice cooker when he heads out ... I took that as a compliment ... wouldn't you?

Works for Me (and SonnyBoy) so of course I'm linking up to We Are That Family!

Comments

  1. I've never thought of using a rice cooker to make mac and cheese! Where do you find quick cooking noodles? I've never heard of those before.

    Thanks for posting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malisa! The Quick Cook Noodles are there with the other pasta. Its made by Ronzoni (blue box) ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs