Orange You Glad (treat treat!)

*NOTE: Made this again and this time put 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein in (after a workout) and eliminated the vanilla ... yeah baby, that was an EXCELLENT post workout treat!*

Yeah, yeah, I know, my naming of thing stinks. Tell me about it.

But this is de. li. cious!  Got the recipe from Lynns Kitchen a while back, had written it down on a piece of scrap paper and tucked it away in the little recipe pile (you know the one!)

Hubby's driving me NUTS for ice cream. But um, I really don't have a whole lot of room in the freezer to put ice cream. Well, WHEN I get around to reorganizing the freezers, then I probably will as we've made good progress lately in eating stuff out of it (plus the kids took a 5 lb bag of wings and a 2 lb bag of fries on Friday for a fry fest at a friends house ... Hubby wondered if that was ok and I was like, HECK YEAH!).

Anyways, I remembered I had this so pulled out the massive Misc. file and sorted through 200 plus pieces of paper to find it .... TADA!

2 cups oj (I made the stuff from concentrate, cuz that's all I had, and it was ONE more thing from the freezer! I also wonder if I couldn't do frozen orange pieces instead or in addition?)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup (or more) ice

Toss everything in the blender and let it rip. Yummmmm......Hubby suggested a little yogurt next time for body and I agree ... maybe just a 1/4 cup or so ....

Enjoy (and thanks Lynne for sharing that recipe!)

Linking up with Beauty & Bedlam Tasty Tuesday ... this week is in honor of Father's Day and since Hubby is the one that pushed me to make it, I say it's for him (yes, we will probably have this again on Sunday!) ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs