Energy Cluster Balls (Protein bar substitute)

I've no idea where I got this from (if it's yours, please let me know!) I am thinking that these might be an excellent quick snack to eat before the gym for that extra energy boost instead of those protein bars with a gazillion ingredients listed. That's the problem with going after work, been at least 3 hours since a meal and tired from the 8 hours of work.

I figure that since I have everything in house (stockpiled too with the great deals on peanut butter and Cheerios) it would just be a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the Pure Protein bars from Costco (at Hubby's request recently) ... plus I'm a little happier with the fact that it only has 6 ingredients (well, except the extra stuff in powdered milk and cheerios) ... so it's got to be healthier!

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup dry milk (oy, another recipe to use up this dry milk I have!)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup Cheerios
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
Mix all everything except the Cheerios and sunflower seeds til well combined. THEN add in the other 2 ingredients.

Moisten hands and form into balls. Keep chilled.

*I'm considering swapping out the dry milk with Whey Protein but not sure yet*

*Also considering some chocolate chips - mini ones - for the Animals*

Linking up with Jessica over at Life As Mom Frugal Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs