Asian Chicken Soup

I got this out of an Everyday Food magazine a while back and everytime I make it, Princess devours it. That is one soup lovin kid. Easy and ready in no time flat. And most of the time, I have everything needed to make it, with the exception of the snowpeas ... but you can always modify it if necessary!

Yeah, I know it's officially summer time and most of us are experiencing high heat, but I'm still fighting a cold and well, this is so yummy ...

3 cans of chicken broth/stock
1 tbs fresh grated ginger (or if you are like me, just use the dry powdery stuff)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups water
4 oz of noodles (whole wheat angel hair, soba, rice, whatever you have)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin (I'm using chicken strips that I have in the freezer already)
1 red bell pepper cut in thin strips (using sweet baby peppers)
6 oz snow peas, trimmed and sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
1+ tbs fresh lime juice (I believe I still have some limes left)
2 green onions, sliced thin
salt to taste

Bring broth, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and water to a boil over high heat.  Add noodles and reduce heat to a simmer, cook til noodles are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.

Add chicken, pepper, and snow peas. Cook til chicken is cooked, about a minute or so (that's why you wanted it sliced thin). Add lime juice, salt to taste.

Serve.

TIP: Use tongs to place noodles and other chunky stuff into bowl and then ladle soup broth over the top.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs