Follow Me on Instragram

Instagram

Monday, May 9, 2011

Vanilla Iced Coffee Milk

I've never really done the South Beach Diet (surprise!) but love to read the cookbooks, for the pictures if nothing else! No really, I can just about curl up with any cookbook and get the inspiration to try something new instantly!

I love my coffee, HOT, in the morning. But I almost always have a cup or so left in the pot every day, even with Sonny Boy taking some for his first block at school. So when I saw this, I thought, ah ha!

*Suitable for Phase 1 if you are doing the program.

3 cups of strongly brewed decaf coffee, chilled. Ok, honestly, I wouldn't DREAM of using decaf.
1 cup fat free (or 1% milk) milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp granular sugar substitute (splenda, or whatever)
1/2 cup fat free or light whipped topping
pinch ground cinnamon

In a pitcher, combine coffee, milk, vanilla and sugar substitute, stir well. Fill 4 large glasses with ice. Pour coffee mix over ice. Spoon 2 tbs whipped topping on top of each. Stir gently so some mixes in with coffee and some stays on top. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment