Evil Jungle Salad

I love, love, love a spicy steak salad, or rather, an Evil Jungle Salad from Houston’s, or a spicy Asian Noodle Salad … the names can go on and on. These are generally just a bed of greens, some thin noodles, basil, mint and cilantro and thin sliced steak served with a nice spicy dressing. Some, like the one from Houston’s counterbalance the spiciness with avocado and mango slices which is delicious, but not mandatory. I am only giving the dressing recipe as the salad should be how YOU prefer … Noodles, thin slices of beef or chicken are an excellent addition ... just stay away from the boring ole iceburg lettuce ...

1 lime
½ cup oil (canola)
½ cup soy sauce (I love JCS Reggae Country Style Thick Soya Sauce)
3 tbs sesame oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 ½ tbs ground ginger or 3 tbs fresh grated
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Red pepper flakes to desired hotness
Cilantro, if available, chopped. Do NOT add until you are ready to serve the dressing, otherwise it gets icky.

Squeeze lime to get as much juice as possible (or, hey, just invest in one of them gizmos that you squeeze and it turns the half inside out, so worth the $10!) into wide mouth jar that has a tight fitting lid. Add rest of ingredients, put lid on and shake, shake, shake. Add cilantro to jar and shake right before serving. I do not normally refrigerate as it firms up but I suppose you could/should.

If I have leftover steak, you can bet money that this salad is my lunch the next day!

Linking up with Ultimate Recipe Swap ... hop on over as this week's theme is SALADS!

Comments

  1. This sounds great. I don't often have a steak salad, but when I do, I really love it! Great dressing recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs