BLT Pizza (and lots of pictures for once!)

Hubby has been traveling ALL week and I'm sure it was a little stressful (and cold!) ... so I wanted to make something sort of special that the others would enjoy too ... hence, BLT Pizza :)

The dough recipe comes from Tammys Recipes. Actually, the whole idea comes from Tammy ... so I will give credit where credit is due :)

1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour (this is how I have to do it)
2 tsp active yeast

Sauce:
2/3 cup ranch dressing
½ to 1 tbs fresh chopped garlic

12 oz mozz cheese
2 oz cheddar cheese
¼ cup parm cheese
1 cup cooked bacon, chopped (ok, so I used real bacon bits because it's what I had and I didn't measure)
1 large tomato, seeds and juice squeezed out and diced
¼ cup sliced green onions (I didn't do this time)

Make dough in bread maker, only to mix … do not let it RISE! The dough will be very very soft.

With very very buttery hands, remove dough to very very buttery tray and spread out gently


Trust me, use lots of butter, the dough is VERY soft


Make sauce.

Get your toppings together


Mix together cheeses, and bacon bits, and top the dough with half the cheese mix.

Then top with the tomatoes, and finish off with remainder of cheese


I, of course, felt it necessary to add MORE bacon bits.

Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or so til gooey and lightly browned


Top with shredded lettuce and if desired, drizzle with a little more ranch dressing.


Allow to cool slightly, cut (with Scissors!) and serve …

Enjoy!

NOTE: next time I think I will forgo the garlic in the ranch. It pulled some of the attention away from the bacon I think ...

Linking up to Tasty Tuesday (Beauty & Bedlam) and Saturday Swap (Quit Eating Out!)

Comments

  1. We love making homemade pizzas and are always looking for new varieties. This one sounds super yummy! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to try it out with the family :)
    Stopping by from Tasty Tuesday.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Saturday Swap. Looks so yummy! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs