Italian Beef - Crockpot!

Jessica over at Life As Mom is hosting a Ultimate Recipe Swap and today's theme is based on CROCKPOTS.

I love my crockpots! I've got 3 plus 2 minis. Ummm, I should use them a little more, but the big one (newest) gets real hot and yes, can you believe it, actually overcooks stuff when I'm at the office all day long. :( Not a good thing, huh?

Anyways, there are sooooo many things to do with a crockpot. First and foremost would be soups and sauces. Pasta sauce and such. Then you have the fact that you can bake your taters in the crockpot (haven't tried that yet) ... and then you have the excellent site at 365crockpot.blotspot.com. Gotta love that!

Ok, I suppose my go to, always there when I need it crockpot recipe is Italian Beef. Spicy baby. And easy peasy!

3 lbs or so of beef roast, sirloin, whatever you have on hand (never have used ground beef though)
small jar of pepperoncinis (save yourself some work and get the sliced ones - you can find these by the pickles - drain if a bit of you don't like it hot or all)
1/2 cup or so of beef broth (or you can use water and beef bouillon or cube)
about a tsp of chopped garlic
a tsp of oregano
a tsp of black pepper

So, dump all in the crock. Yup. Just like that.

This is soooo going on the menu plan for March!
Fire up the crockpot and leave to do your fun stuff for the day.

Come home, turn off crock, remove beef, shred, and put back in crock.

Serve as sandwiches (toasted italian bread with a slice of provolone is my FAVORITE) and perhaps a cooling pasta salad along side.

Bow to the family as they rave about the delicious meal you created yet again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs