Easy way to feed the Animals (and us)

It's been a busy week and I'm so thankful that I made it to the weekend at last!  But of course, the weekend means work too, just a different sort.

With Hubby doing stuff outside (building a new pool pump, redoing the sprinklers, etc.) and Sonny Boy and the group having a gig and ME cleaning and doing laundry and all the usual weekend chores, I figured this would be the time to pull out the sandwich bar set up.

As summer approaches and through summer, this will be a common scene on the countertop in the kitchen during the week and weekends.

There is cheddar cheese slices, provolone cheese slices, smoked turkey breast, sliced pepperoni, shredded lettuce, sliced red onions, bacon bits, sliced pepperoncinis, and sliced sweet peppers. If I have them on hand and/or feel like it, I'll toss out some olives, pickles, tomatoes and more ... but today I was in a bit of a rush. I also make a  concoction of olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, crushed dried oregano and a sprinkle of garlic powder to make a oil and vinaigrette sub dressing ... not sure if you can see the bread in the upper left hand side but it's a cheapo style hoagie roll I picked up at the store the other night on clearance. You want a sturdy bread, not squishy white sandwich bread! All the stuff was on hand as I keep lunchmeat in the freezer (just pat between some papertowel or towels to remove excess moisture) and we are the cheese family!

When every one is done feasting, I package it all up and put in the garage fridge for the next day.


Seriously, consider doing this if you have people coming and going. Come Monday morning, what's leftover will be turned into salads for Hubby and I for lunches.

Linking up to Frugal Friday's with Life As Mom ... you should go check it out ... lots of other tips on ways to save a little extra cash!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs