Marinated Mushrooms

For those of you who follow along, you probably figured out (or even read) that I am NOT a huge veggie person. Matter of fact, I used to hate anything that called itself a veggie and then some. 

But as I've gotten older, and since I quit smoking, I make every attempt to at least try to eat some veggies...and wouldn't you know it, sometimes I surprise myself! Mushrooms are one of those times ...

Here's what you need for a super easy side dish (goes excellent with steaks but even chicken or pork will work well too!)

Shrooms ... sliced or whole (I leave them whole unless they are super large)
Cesear dressing (I use Kens Steakhouse Lite ... been the tastiest so far)

Toss shrooms in a ziptop. Add dressing, don't make them swim, but enough to coat. Let them marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours. Obviously, the longer they marinate, the more concentrated the flavor becomes so use a little caution.

When ready to cook, tear a big sheet of foil, fold up edges to make a "pan" like shape to keep the shrooms (and dressing) together, dump out the ziploc into center. Gather up edges to form a ball shape with a little opening at the top for steam. I normally double up the foil again just to be sure as the grill can (and does!) tear the foil.

Grill over a low heat spot on grill while you cook the rest of your food. These don't require a long period of cooking, generally about 20 minutes or so is good to me.

Once done, carefully open the packet and pour all into a serving platter. If desired, toss with a fresh sprinkling of parsley or just dig in as is!

I'm linking this up with Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam Tasty Tuesday! Got a great recipe to share, hop on over and join in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs