Eating from the Pantry

Day 3. Isn't it sort of wrong to start something like this when you are home for 3 to 4 days straight? I mean, I get a little stir crazy ... Actually, it wasn't all that bad. BUT I did need to run to the pet store for chewey scratchy flea medicine (the not so thrifty part of having a pet) and had a small list for store: eggs, bread, pizza rolls, cat food, tomatoe soup and spaghetti-os . Yeah, I got everything EXCEPT eggs, cat food, and sandwich bread. Uh huh. $12 later and what do you know?? At least Sonny Boy will have food to make a quick meal with when he gets home from school. Let me explain before you all say WHAT?? He eats breakfast at 6am. Gets to school at 6:50am. Eats lunch at 10:50. Gets home at 3:40. Now, can someone please explain to me who planned THAT lunch hour??? Yeah, he's ravished by the time he gets home. At least I get a little time when I get home from work for the "Whats for Dinner" question, which BTW, will be tacos tonight. Anyways, back to the drill. Day 3. Cereal and/or bagels for breakfast. Lunch was a scronge around for leftovers in the fridge. Dinner was french bread with tomatoe soup and the soup I made from 1 can of green beans, 1 can of corn, a package of mushrooms, a cup of rice, 3 cartons of chicken broth, a bit of minced onion from freezer, a bag of poached chicken from freezer, herbs & spices and then topped with parmsan cheese at serving. This week I have to tackle the pantry and cupboards. So not looking forward to that. Although, Sunday, I set up a bag for the food pantry at church. So far, 7 cans of cheese ravioli. Hurricane supplies that I've been assured no one would eat regardless of how hungry they were. Ok. How is everyone else doing out there??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs