Swine Flu … or to be politically correct, H1N1 (Hiney Flu??)

I know a lot of people right now who are sick with a ‘stomach virus’ … nausea, chills, fever, and just plain crud. Which made me think. Hmmm. What ever happened to the swine flu panic. Oh. I’m sorry. H1N1. Really. Whatever happened? First it was all over the news. Mask and hand sanitizers were nowhere to be found. Schools closing. Our VP making a not so smart recommendation … WAIT! I think that’s when the media became quiet. When VP made the remark of staying off public transportation, airplanes, etc. Oh yeah. Does anyone remember that?? I find it amazing that one week something is front & center and holds everyone’s attention. And then poof. It’s gone. Just like that. Shoot. Florida had 12 cases the last time I heard. I just went to the cdc.gov website and LOOK, Florida now has 139 cases (well, as of this morning, but when I went and looked again at 3:15pm, it was up to 165!!!). AND there have been a total of 11 (15 as of 3:15pm) deaths in the US. So what’s up??? That much changes in ONE day & yet nothing is said? Ok, I agree. There was a little bit of ‘panic’ by the media. Slight overkill. BUT geesh, it just dropped off the face of the earth, so to speak. Really. Odd, don’t you think? So that brings me to my second paragraph above. I know a lot of people who are sick right now. At least 10 or so. My age. My kids (teens) age. And of course, I hear that so and so is sick and instantly think SWINE FLU! But of course, I don’t want to say it! And I know I’m not the only one that thinks this! So … I have a can of Lysol that stays a little closer than normal. The one that says it kills 99.9% of household germs. Does this include swine flu, I mean H1N1 germs? Now I wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs