Birthday, Audit and Jury Duty

So I have a birthday in one week. 4. 5. Ok, that's not so bad, but holy cow, that's only like FIVE years away from my aimed retirement age. And can I tell you? It IS NOT happening at this rate. So. I turn 4. 5. Then I have an AUDIT 2 days later at work. Not a big deal BUT a little freaky in the sense that I do not know exactly what they are looking for, what they want to see & don't want to see. In years past, I've had nothing to do with them. This year, it's all me (and well, the accounting girl if she can get here on time that day). THEN TWO days later, (and the weekend), I have JURY DUTY. I have not been called on for jury duty since the kids were so little that I had to ask to be excused since I was their primary care giver & had no one else to watch them (we didn't, and still don't have family close nearby) ... at the time, I was a stay at home mom (oh joy!), hubby worked hard to provide for us, all my friends worked full time jobs, and I didn't really know my neighbors all that well to ask for favors. So .... it's been, oh 14 years or so since I've been called. Of course, everyone says once they hear I work for a law firm (small, granted, but still) I will be walking out the door. Oh, and then have me say "Excuse me? Pardon me? I'm sorry, I'm hard of hearing" and so on. No joke, to this day, close acquitances don't know this even though I've mentioned it quite a few times. Oh well. So there you have it. May is not looking so hot for me. The only thing I can think of that would make it better? The Air & Sea Show, which is not happening til NEXT year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs