Follow Me on Instragram

Instagram

Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Spend February

So in honor of my participation in the No Spend February over at MomAdvice (which I'm already kicking myself for commiting to, I really wanted to get that 10 lb leather medicine ball ... oh well, maybe my hands will finally toughen up with the hard 8 lb'er) ... I decided to go ahead and make the whole month menu. Since I have NOT been sticking with my menu plans very well at all (tired after the gym, not hungry, everyone grazes) I am hoping this works . I've gone through my household notebook and put the recipes in the corresponding days and I'm only missing 2 (teriyaki chicken & pizza). Oddly, I believe I have everything I need for these 25 meals (I left 3 Saturdays open for dh to choose) and would not have to go the grocery store except for milk and produce. Yeah right. Sure would be nice if I could avoid all grocery shopping with that exception. Can I do it? I don't know. Sure I can. I don't know. See, my problem. Well, never mind. By the way, has anyone else out there noticed how many holidays there are in February?? The shortest month of the year & it has 5 key days. Super bowl Sunday. Ground Hog Day. Valentines Day. Presidents Day. Mardi Gras. Granted, my calendar is printed off from a google search & may not be right? Now I feel the need to go check! Regardless, here's my plan for the month of dinners: 2/1 (superbowl sunday) Brats and sauerkraut 2/2 (groundhog day?) Chicken stirfry 2/3 (mardi gras?) Leftovers 2/4 burgers 2/5 soup & sandwiches 2/6 chix sausage & scalloped taters 2/7 open for dh 2/8 lasagna 2/9 leftovers 2/10 crockpot chicken fajitas 2/11 soup & sandwiches 2/12 shrimp packets 2/13 au gratin taco bake (I 'may' have company this weekend so I think the next 4 days are ok?) 2/14 (valentines day!) Tbones (thank god I have this already!) 2/15 CP bbq shrimp with pasta 2/16 (presidents day) burgers 2/17 tilipia 2/18 veggie penne 2/19 CP bbq pork 2/20 chili cheese dogs (or maybe chicago style, not sure which yet) 2/21 open for dh 2/22 pizza 2/23 soup & salad 2/24 CP teriyaki chicken 2/25 left overs 2/26 Tacos (if I can find any taco shells in the house, otherwise it will be nachos) 2/27 tilipia 2/28 open AND THE LAST DAY! So....can I do it? Huh? I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment