Accident in the Boxing Class

Grrr. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Actually surprised it's taken this long. We were doing right side kick, one two punch, left side kick, right side kick, one two punch left side kick, and so on. And of course, it's fast (this is cardio afterall). So the instructor (love you Alberto!) is standing next to me yelling kick, one two, kick and so on so I'm picking up speed but MAN! it's hard to keep coordinated. Your first punch is going before your right foot is on the ground and well, there is where it happened. Right foot came down as I switched over to swing left and the right ankle just rolled out. Down I went, in a heap. Instant pain. Instant swelling. Thankfully it was the last round in that room and then off to the padded room for abs. Just sat there for the next minute while they finished, shooing off Alberto "no, no, I'm fine" as dh keeps kicking, punching, kicking & looking down at me with concern and, yes, a small grin. See, I have a weak ankle. Broke it years and years ago & then for years, would twist, sprain, whatever you want to call it at least 2 times a year if not more. Just out of the blue. Sad. Have NOT done it in quite a while (a few years) but just knew it was going to happen in this class eventually. Just didn't think it would be THAT bad. Today, this morning, it's tight. Not really that swollen but definate pain when I bend it or put full weight on. Not sure if I'll be able to go to class tonight as we are doing legs & lower body which means alot of full weight in hands. This really sucks as tomorrow is turkey day which means lots of eating ALL weekend long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs