30 Days of Nothing, Day 13

$ - do I have to have full disclosure? Does it count that it was using one of my vip gift cards that I get at work? Basically no cash out of my pocket? Does that matter? No? I didn't think so. Walmart - $52 Gennaros - $24 BJ's - $80 Well golly gee, I still need to go to Publix and get milk, oj, special K (on sale b1g1f and dh says its a necessity). Crumb. G/f was trying to get me to go out with her & another g/f that just got back in town from canada for a week. Honestly, I don't want to go out & have cocktails AND spend a ton of money for dinner when I just spent an hour putting together two trays of ... lasagna :) breakfast - egg and toast for me, all others fend for yourself (you snooze you lose in this house!) lunch - dh had leftovers from last night, kids had something, I was still out shopping like a mad woman dinner - lasagna and garlic bread. Came home, asked dh why the brisket wasn't cooking yet and said fine, we can make it for Sunday dinner. Then I decided heck, I have all to make lasagna. Of course, the 2 kids/teens/mini adults asked to have a small tray WITHOUT the meat sauce. Huh? Fine. Big tray with meat sauce has cottage cheese (don't tell dh) and small tray with NO meat sauce has real bonafide ricotta cheese. Don't tell dh So, don't you want to know what I bought today?? Huh, doncha? Ok. I'll tell you anyways. BJ - 3 pairs of pants for me, $8 each, pair of dockers for dh, $12, 2 lbs fresh mozzarella, $9, 10 lbs of sugar, something like $5 or so, unsweetened cocoa, $5, 2 bags of chips, $4, Zantac (ds), $13, big box of minute rice, $6. Walmart (uggg) - 3 mini 6 pks of miller lite (short cans, I love these things) $2.74 each, 2 8pks of g2 (kids lunches/snacks), $5 each, 4 cans tomato soup, .72 each (cheaper here), provolone, cheddar, muenster and mozzerella slices, $2.50 each, 3 pkgs bagels $1.37 each (wow, when did the price go up?? used to be under a dollar!), 2 cottage cheese $2.50 each, loaf of italian bread 90cents, 24 ct chips and 20 ct sunchips (both kids lunch, snacks) $6 each. and last but not least: Gennaro's, my favorite produce store, but now under new ownership: first transaction (to use up $3 left on card) was 3 sausage links, $2.74 2nd transaction: 2 lettuce, yellow peppers, green peppers, mushrooms, cucuumbers, tomatoes, carrots, granny smith apples, celery, sugar snap peas, watermelon, radicchio, bananas, scallions (lawn boys weed wacked mine yesterday!!), spanish onions, red onion, cabbage. Believe me, there was a lot of produce on the counter when I got home. Really wanted red peppers but they wanted $1.99 lb!! Can't wait for mine in the garden to come in all the way. I'm loaded with them but they are half green, half red! So there you have it. Like I really need more food. :( Produce yeah. But not that much stuff, really, I have plenty that I could have made do with ... oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs