Iced Tea

I admit it, my dh is addicted to the Lipton diet citrus green tea. I pick it up at Costco as they seem to have the ‘best’ price for it. Still not cheap but better than the regular stores. I do make tea though for everyday … the Lipton stuff is for weekends on boat, outside working around the house, etc. Oh, and dd is addicted to it too. Here’s how I make my tea (not really rocket science but just to share) Fill container with cold water & nuke on high for 4 minutes. Add 2 green tea bags and 2 regular tea bags. Allow to steep 10 minutes or so. Pour tea into 64 oz (2 qt) jug (I use a recycled Simply Orange container) Add 2 to 4 packets of equal (see notes) and fill remaining with water. Shake & chill I also add flavored syrup occasionally instead of the equal sweetner. Raspberry is by far the favorite. Once in a while I will toss in a slice of lemon to the tea seeping or an orange, etc, but dh is not ‘crazy’ about that so I don’t do the fruit often. But he likes the flavored stuff. Not recommended for daily intake as it does get sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs