Follow Me on Instragram

Instagram

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kitchen happenings

We went to our friends for dinner on Friday night so no biggie there. Shopped at Costco on Saaturday and spent a ton of money. Had taken out the shepards pie from freezer on Thursday and we had that for dinner on Saturday & Sunday (it was a big tray!). Monday I made pizzas. I would normally make the crust too, but when at Walmart, saw the thin crust for $3.38 for 2. Picked up 2 packages and figured heck, I'll use one and see how it is. Not bad. Alot less hassle, and I figured it didn't really cost that much, $1.75 or so each for the crust. Still would keep the pizza under $3 I figured. One was just cheese & pepperoni. The other was cheese, parm cheese, pepperoni, chopped onion & brocolli. Because dd's b/f was here (didn't know he was coming!!), tossed in a frozen pizza I had in the freezer too. Keep telling the kids you can't invite when I'm in the MIDDLE of making dinner without asking!! 2 of the small dinner plates are chipped already!! I think it's from people putting them in the sink with water & not paying attention. I'm so bummed out. Ended up going to Walmart Monday to see if I could find any more. Of course not. I will continue to look. Knew I should have went back & grabbed a 3rd set!! Had thought we would work on the boat this weekend since dh picked up a bunch of supplies & parts. The weather turned pretty icky, windy, cold & rainy. So another day in the house doing not a whole lot of anything. Was wanting to make a cake or something, dd had taken the last cake mix to b/f house to make for his moms birthday. Could have been upset, but at least she did something nice for someone :). Could have made from scratch, but we were just being lazy on Sunday! Go figure! Ended up on the couch with a stack of papers (no joke, 12 inches thick) and my calendar for February to start my menu planning. I so need to get the recipes together in some kind of order. After my big shopping trip at Costco, I was extremely determined to do my menus and stay out of the stores. Yeah, right. Ended up going to Walmart on Monday and spent another $140. At least that was mostly pantry items that will be used. Spent a grand total of $470 on groceries and another $63 on liquor. Have enough beer to last a few weeks, enough vodka for the month and well, dh already shared his jack, so no jack for him :) Guess drinking will be next on the list of bad habits to give up! Back to the stack of papers, which really is recipes. Started going through, pulling out ones I haven't used in a while. Then tried to put in some kind of order. Now they are on top of the big stack of paper. Still sitting on the couch. Dh is traveling today, tomorrow & comes back Thursday, so that will give me 2 free nights of no interruptions (except the kids) to focus & get them in some kind of freakin order. Driving me nuts, trying to find stuff!!! Ok, enough. I'm going to get myself all worked up at 6:30am!! :) Actually, need to go get ready for work and wake up dd. They are out of school again today and she has an ortho appt at 11am. Since I will be at work (coworker off today), and dh on a plane, she will have to take a bus. Times like this, wish I had let her get her drivers license already. Then again, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment