Monday, December 3, 2007

Frugal Friday

Was off today. Had to take dd's friend to school & then we had 8 & 8:30 dentist appts. Did that and then went to Denny's for breakfast. Been a long time since I've been to Denny's. Guess they had to raise prices too since everyone else has. $27 for me & dd at breakfast (included tip). Good grief. Then we came home, laid out by pool for awhile (got some color), and then went & had a manicure & pedicure done, using 2 gift certificates I had gotten for Christmas last year. We each tipped $8.00 so that was $16.00. Better than the $40 plus tip each to have it done :) Came home & dd had to get ready for work at 4pm. My g/f Cat came over around 7ish. She brought a HUGE bag of stuff. 10 waffle rubbery place mats (which will have a different life in MY house), 2 complete full size sheet sets (for sleeper sofa), 24 dress shirts (half still had tags on them!), 3 skirts, 2 slacks/capris/clamdiggers (need to look more at them). And there was some other stuff in there too. Cat has been my friend for 19 years or so. We've matured together . She unfortunately has a clothes habit that she acknowledges but can't quite overcome it. Granted, she buys stuff on sale, but heck, giving 12 blouses away with tags still on them??? Come on!! I asked why she doesn't return them and she said it was too much of a hassle. ??? Huh??? And you know, she's quite frugal, but I guess in a different way than me? Oh well. In return, I gave her snacks for dinner :) hehe...I wasn't really ready for company that night & didn't know for sure she was coming over ... oh well. All in all, not a bad day. Spent a bit more for breakfast than I'd like, but overall, I think it was a good day! :) Frugal tip for Friday: Never turn down free stuff. Never know what you will get ... some things might not be for you but you can always turn it over to someone else! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the amount of spam lately, I will have to go back to approving messages ... it was that or add the word verification box and we all know how you feel about that! So go ahead, leave a message and I will allow to post once it's been reviewed! Thank you!