Menu Plan Week 138 - Using What We Have

Hi hi .... it's that time of the week again! Time to Menu Plan and Meal Prep for the week ahead!

I know some of you caught my little ending note on last week's menu about going Paleo ... I've eaten along those lines for a while but still had the occasional dairy and grains mixed in just to be a "part of the group" and well, sometimes, because I just wanted it!  It's not that EASY to give up the stuff that you've eaten for years and years, even if I know that some of it creates the issues I'm dealing with ... it just taste damn yummy ;-)

Last week? Went pretty well. The menu plan was NOT followed 100%, or even 80%, truth be told!  BUT, I did have all my meals from home, with the exception of Friday's office lunch out ... and I did fairly well with the eating ... except for the booze (beer, classic margaritas) which I know is going to be my downfall. And by the way, for those of you who have not noticed yet: booze leads to horrible eating ... just saying.

So this week? Going to be much more F.O.C.U.S.E.D.  Hubby's home for the week (at least, at this moment he has no plans to travel) and I'm going to make this week work for me, and pull him in alongside.  He's not going to give up his grains .... BUT I will make better choices for him when I'm cooking ;-) That's what a good wife does, right? The kids? Well, I can't make their choices for them as they are young adults now ... the Boy is pretty health conscious (but does believe in whole grains and dairy) and the Princess has her own odd eating habits. We are a fine bunch!

Half the problem (ok, the majority of the problem) with Paleo is that a lot of time can be spent in the kitchen which can get frustrating.  I plan to try and be a little proactive on this front and will focus on meal prep when I can to give me a leg up on those evenings where I just want to crash on the couch with a bag of chips.  So, Sunday, I am aiming to make me some Grain Free Biscuits (will share my proposed modification if it works out) to stash in the freezer for those days where I just feel I must have some bread-like stuff, will roast some broccoli, steam some cauliflower (coincidentally, I avoided Costco - and paying the renewal fee - since Publix had broccoli and cauliflower on sale!) and make some mayo. I'd like to steam/boil some eggs and make some tuna salad also for quick lunches this week too. Oh, I picked up some more green beans because I really enjoyed them for breakfast with eggs (sounds odd but it was pretty tasty!) and may just make them all one morning before going to work because the above meal prep looks to be alot ;-)

Oh. Yeah. I'm also going to let the crock pot do a little work this week too!

Here's what we are looking at for the week ahead (when I know exactly what I plan to swap if necessary, I'll note, otherwise I will be winging it as we go!)

Sunday - Chili Cheese Dogs ... obviously, I will skip the bun and cheese but better believe I will have mine with some spiralized zucchini, onions, chili, cut up hot dog and a little bit of diced avocado. The rest of the gang will have it the standard way. The ONLY reason this is on the menu is because we took out the hot dogs that were picked up at the German market to take on the boat Saturday ... no boating due to heavy lightning and Hubby is adamant that we not lot these go to waste! Chili is from the freezer (already grain/dairy free so it's a winner and its the last I have in the freezer). Buns and zucchini were picked up at Aldi's earlier this week


*Sorry, no tater tots today*

Monday - BLT Inspired Chicken Salad. Believe it or not, this is already perfectly dairy/grain free ;-). Chicken in freezer, salad stuff in fridge (bought butter lettuce from Aldi's), bacon in fridge and rest of stuff in fridge/pantry



Tuesday - Taco Tuesday (surprise!) ... as always, mine will be a salad sans cheese and I will have some diced avocado alongside. Beef from freezer (although, thinking of stopping at Fresh Market for the $2.99 per pound beef), balance of ingredients in pantry/fridge


*Need new picture here too

Wednesday - Smokey Crock of Pork (this is already grain/dairy free!) ... will offer those who prefer, kaiser rolls and I will most likely just eat mine with some mashed cauliflower. Will use the pork chops in freezer (Costco), balance of those ingredients in pantry. Cauliflower head was picked up at Publix on Sunday


*So need new pictures of this!*

Thursday - fingers crossed that we have leftovers to consume ;-) If not, we will have soup and sandwiches (deli roll ups for me!). Really want to make the broth-y onion soup like Benihana and I have everything on hand to do so (plus, I realize, I've never re-done the recipe and posted with pictures!). Lunch meat in fridge and freezer and if necessary, I will make some more ranch dressing



Friday - Looking forward to HOPEFULLY making some meatballs and will serve with Victoria's Marinara Sauce (Costco find, sugar free and 100% real ingredients) and zucchini noodles (for me) and pasta (for those who prefer it that way) ... new recipe and fingers crossed it's as good as it sounds. Veal is in freezer, rest of ingredients are in the pantry/fridge

Saturday - Hubby's choice which will most likely be chicken thighs on the grill in some shape or form ;-)

I have SO MANY recipes I want to try and must refrain from doing so!

What are YOU looking to make this week? I'm sharing over at Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday Party ... go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs