Menu Plan Monday Week 136 - Using What We Have

Ugh. Can you believe it's AUGUST?? I mean, seriously, where has the time gone??

The week ahead should be an easy week ... Hubby travels on Tuesday and comes back Friday night. I'm dealing with allergies which is new to me but now I realize it's not the onset of a vicious cold, just a serious allergy to something ... I've no clue what but seems that whenever we get a sprinkle of rain, the flood gates for the sinuses open up. Must be pollen related, I'm sure.

Food prep was a slight miss this weekend ... I boiled 10 eggs. Cleaned a head of butter lettuce.

That's it. Whoops. Blame the sinuses.

I'd like to stay out of the store this week after breaking the Pantry / Freezer Challenge with a stop at Costco ... and, quite honestly, I should be able to feed whoever is around this week with what we have on hand (mental note to self: cook green beans!)

Here's what I'm looking at:

Sunday - Flat Bread Pizzas on the grill ... the boy and Hubby found some pepperoni in the freezer and I think this will be the last of the flat bread in the freezer. I may just make myself a Margarita Frittata if I've got the energy (blasted sinuses) since I have a few more eggs than previous weeks. If I do get around to this and it's yummy, will share later


Monday - ahem. 4 Way Chili using the leftover pasta from Saturday night's spaghetti and meatballs and chili from freezer. I'm sort of glad I've not pulled the chili out beforehand all these weeks! I will use zucchini (like I did on Saturday night too!) in place of pasta for myself


Tuesday - most likely will take the Boy and Princess out for dinner. I will let them make the call and knowing those 2, they will choose Chipotle which is fine by me ... will have the Boy make the guac here at home to save a few bucks

Wednesday - BLT Inspired Chicken Salad ... it's been a little while since I've made this ...


Thursday - Looking forward to making a Shrimp & Avocado Salad IF the Boy isn't home this evening ... if the recipe is as good as I anticipate, I will so be sharing it!

Friday - Hoping to pick up a large pork butt (or 2) at Winn Dixie on Monday ($1.50 a pound!) and will toss it in the crock pot on Thursday night to make Crock Full of Smoked Pork ... yummm .... need some better pics, I think :-)


Saturday - as always, Hubby's choice ... may offer up some of the pork chops that were picked up at Costco last week ...

What are YOU looking to make this week? Go ahead and check out Organized Junkie's party for more ideas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs