Week 38 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

AND ... entering Week 14 of Hubby's unemployment adventures ...

I had skipped a whole week of grocery shopping, which felt pretty good ... but certainly made up for it this past week with a stop at Costco and 4 more stops on Saturday ... but at least there wasn't any junk food brought into the house ...

So, moving forward for the week ... I'm pretty excited in that it should be somewhat quiet at work, meaning I can maybe get home shortly after 5pm every night and COOK! 

Yes, Hubby has been doing a fine job, for the most part, of having dinner prepped and ready ... not necessarily following the plan, but he does pretty good, I'd say. For which, I am most appreciative! BUT I like to cook and try new recipes and you know, I buy things for specific recipes! :-) ... I am thankful that I have a Hubby who LIKES to cook and even more grateful that he KNOWS how to cook! He's pretty darn good, actually!

So ... I tried to work with him for the upcoming week to see what we can make using what we have (pretty darn heavy on produce too!) and here's what we have:

Sunday - Inside Out Burgers ... Princess b/f made these and we loved them ... I'm glad I held out to try them because NOW I have real blue cheese to put inside MINE! As the weather looks iffy most likely will make these indoors in the cast iron skillet (beef in fridge, rest in fridge and pantry ... a few hamburger buns are floating around ... I will skip)

Monday - planning on making an Asian-Inspired meal with Chicken Lettuce Wraps and a new recipe  ... Spring Rolls with Sesame dipping sauce ... make sure you check back for the recipe! Will use chicken thighs (freezer) for the protein and the veggies are in fridge (using the baby romaine lettuce for the wraps this time around)



Tuesday - Bok Choy and Beef in the Crockpot ... new recipe (if good, watch for recipe soon). Beef in freezer, veggies in fridge

Wednesday - Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach and blue cheese (bone in chix breast in freezer, blue cheese & spinach in fridge). This is a Hubby speciality ... I'll see if I can sneak a rough recipe and pics out of him :-)

Thursday - Cobb Salad ... only because a) not a single salad on the menu this week, and b) I have everything (lettuce, lunchmeat, avocado, blue cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc. are all in the fridge). Will make the honey mustard dressing to go along with it.

 

Friday - Hubbys choice ... I am meeting girlfriends tonight at the Wreck Bar for the Mermaid Show (2 birthday girls) and hope to be home by 9pm ... Sonny Boy may be home too so yeah!

Saturday - Again, Hubby's choice ... we made these awesome ribeyes last Saturday using the cast iron skillet with sautéed shrooms and blue cheese that were to die for ... I'm sure I could convince him to do so again since I have 3 or 4 ribeyes left in the freezer!

There you have it ... what's on your menu for the week??

Linking up with Menu Plan Monday, Pinning and Planning, Menu Plan





Comments

  1. I'm stopping by for a visit via Menu Plan Monday.
    Woo! This has really blown right by. It's already mid-September. The holidays will be upon us in a matter of time.
    Everything looks delicious on your menu plan. My hubby loves to cook too.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with those in Colorado and DC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs