Beef - It's Whats For Dinner!

Well, sometime this week ... since I seem to have everything to make this, I may just put it on the menu for the week since the beginning of May has been a wash ...

I'm really funny about meat baked in the oven. Something about it just really makes me say YUCK, for the most part UNLESS it's swimming in a sauce of sorts.

So with all the air time I've had lately, I've really had a chance to read my magazines from front to back which is rather unusual for me :) 

This one comes from Woman's Day, May 2011 issue ...

8 oz thin sliced shrooms (I'm using canned)
2 stalks sliced celery
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, sliced thin
2 tbs oil
salt & pepper
2 lb sirloin steak, about 2 inches or so thick
2 garlic cloves, minced, or finely chopped
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In roasting pan, combine shrooms, celery, onions, lemon, oil and 1/4 tsp of salt & 1/4 tsp pepper.

Season steak with 1/2 tsp pepper & salt (each) and rub with garlic and place on top of veggies.

In small bowl, whisk ketchup, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the top of steak and roast 30 to 35 minutes for medium rare (125 degrees). Transfer to cutting board, allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with baked taters or other side veggie of choice...

*I'm seriously considering adding sliced peppers and then making some of the Japanese steak sauce and serving with rice ... they call it yum yum sauce for a reason!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs