Menu Plan Week 142 - Using What We Have

I did pretty good this past 6 days of staying out of the stores after that last Sunday where I blew 50% of my grocery budget ... then I did the quick stop at Whole Foods on Friday morning and spent $22 .... and then again on Saturday, Hubby wanted to make some Shepherds Pie with shredded beef ... WF had their beef roast for $5.99 a pound, same as Publix and I'd much rather shop at WF, you know? So another $45 out the door on Saturday ... but have a ton of leftovers for lunches and dinners this week! Score!!  I'm pretty happy in that I stayed under the $125 budget I recently put in place for food per week.

I made it a point to prep some food Sunday before I ran out to do some sight-seeing (aka house drive-bys with Hubby) ... I grilled up a LOT of zucchini, squash, onions, red peppers and green peppers and cooked 3 HUGE chicken breast (for lunches this week) and sauteed 2 pounds of green beans.



Then I went ahead and made up 3 shepherd pie and green bean containers for lunches, tossed together 3 diced chicken with grilled veggies in another 3 containers. So there you have it, 6 lunches with a choice of which one you want :-)


Yes, I feel like I accomplished a lot early in the day!

I'm aiming to continue with avoiding the store for the week again til Friday/Saturday ... Costco has been calling my name but I am so avoiding it lately ... I know I need to renew my membership which will add $110 on to the bill and well, quite honestly, I'm not looking forward to that! So ... I will keep making do with what we have while I can!

Here's what I'm looking at this week:

Sunday - Sheperds Pie and green beans ... leftovers from Saturday night ... Hubby made enough to feed an army and it was just him and I last night! (FYI ... because I'm trying to stay more Paleo, I picked out the corn ... the rest of the stuff is acceptable as is for me)

Monday - Princess wants to make Chicken Stirfry. Go right ahead, girly! Chicken in freezer as are the veggies


Tuesday - Surprise, it's Taco Tuesday!  I think I'm going to lean towards the Meatless Tacos ... I've got all the ingredients, including the coleslaw in the fridge! I'll probably just have grilled veggies with chicken

 

Wednesday - Chicken Piccata ... I think the Princess was going to make this too ;-) ... chicken in freezer, balance of ingedients in fridge and pantry. I will make up a small batch of spiralized zucchini for me and the Princess (what she wants too) in place of the pasta


Thursday - Leftovers! I know that we will have some Shepherds Pie leftover (which will be going in the freezer if we still have a lot left come Wednesday night).  I'm sure we will have a few other odds and ends to eat up too! I have a class and seminar this evening and as I'm typing this, trying to remember if it's 5 to 9 or 5 to 8 ... not that the last hour is really going to make a difference at the end of the day!

Friday - Pizza and Wings ... frozen pizzas in freezer (taking up space) as are the wings ... I think I will just go with a plain Salt & Vinegar Wings. Since I'm trying to stay more Paleo, I will make an egg with tomato frittata for me

(I'm cooking these this time AND using my grill mat ... review to be posted soon)

Saturday - Hubby's choice ... I have some thick pork chops in the freezer that I might offer up to him since it's been awhile ;-)

What are YOU making this week??

Looking forward to sharing over at Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Party ... go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs