Menu Plan - Week 43

Not a whole lot going on this week, so to speak. I do have to work and I will be busy but do not foresee anything popping up and ruining potential meal plans!

Hubby is home, thankfully. So I will need to be back on track, cooking things that he enjoys too.  I will hold off on any major full meal plan changes until after Halloween ... I'm playing with the idea of doing a real, whole food menu plan for 3 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. I just don't know if he will hop on willingly ... he's sort of set in his ways with food ...

I am still going to try and use what we have on hand, for the most part ... but I also need to hit up Doris Italian Market for the $1.69/lb boneless skinless chicken breast, Winn Dixie has 80/20 ground beef for $2.49 (um, yes, I HATE Winn Dixie, but still, that's a GREAT price) and I've not bought any veggies this weekend yet ... so there will be a few small stops Monday and Tuesday, shooting for about $40 or so...



So here you have it, my plan for the week ...

Sunday - Chili ... my start on Hubby and whole food. He didn't ask about the beans, and hardly crabbed about the chunky tomatoes and DID ask about the color

Monday - leftover stuffed chicken and rice (Hubby made this Saturday, I will skip rice and have fresh veggies)

Tuesday - I found a LOT of shrimp still in the main freezer, so Bangin Shrimp. Honestly, I'm going to use the stuff that's already cooked



Wednesday - Cobb Salad OR Wedge Salad, can't make up my mind

Thursday - leftover chili

Friday - Blackened Chicken sandwich (I will have mine as a salad)


Saturday - Halloween party night ... we will have a small group of friends meet at our house and then walk to Shooters ... of course, Hubby will insist that we have food to feed them, so thinking of some snacks ... this is pretty open and will most likely include SOME prepared foods and some made from scratch foods ... and most likely a shrimp cocktail since I have a lot of shrimp in the freezer to eat!

What are you planning on cooking this week? I'm linking up with Menu Plan Monday ... lots of others link up and can be a great site for inspiration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs