A Simple Shrimp Dish

I have no other name for it, sorry!

As you know, I'm on a small Grocery Challenge this month, and well, all things considering, I think I'm doing ok so far ... but of course, Hubby has been out of town the past two weeks so we shall see how it changes when he gets back ...

In the meantime, I'm also TRYING to get these freezers cleared out ... I just don't understand it! No, no, I'm not 'complaining' but yes, I suppose maybe I am!



So when I came across this recipe, I immediately fell in love with the picture ... and then the SUPER SIMPLE list of ingredients. Awww, yeah, we can do this.  And heck, I have a few bags of shrimp in the freezers so ... I'm in!

But of course, I had to stop at the store to get me a chili ... which brings me to the next point:

Are all chilis created equal? No, they aren't. But heck if I know the difference from one to another...I need to go google a guide and see what's what ...

So here you have it, without further ado ... and I must say, it's pretty damn good!

a generous handful of shrimp, peeled and devined (luckily, I was on top of my game this morning and took out a handful from the freezer)
olive oil
1 to 2 garlic cloves, thickly sliced OR just use the stuff you have minced already
1 chili, seeds removed and sliced
sliced up sweet peppers
pinch of paprika
dash salt
chopped parsley to garnish
sliced green onions for garnish
Crusty bread for sopping up the juicy stuff :-) ... found a half loaf of cubano bread in freezer ... may have to grill it up.

I had EVERYTHING except that big green chili on the left there




 

Stray loaf of Cuban Bread from freezer  and all the ingredients chopped and ready to go!

 
Heat oil over medium low heat and add garlic and peppers. Let cook for about 2 minutes and then add the shrimp and paprika. Cook til shrimp is pink and done, add salt.




Dish up in a large, flat dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread. Yummm.... this is a definite keeper!

I opted to toast the bread in the same skillet after I was done cooking ... it worked out pretty well ...




The bread actually had a slight kick to it from the oil that was still in the pan


Add in a Sea Dog Wild Blueberry beer while cooking, chat with a girlfriend and pretend you have a party going on (umm, after I was done cooking, me and my girlfriend went to Gulfstream).


Ok....so as much as I loved the dish (and the concept, so quick and easy!) ... I went a little heavy on veggies and not heavy enough on the shrimp. Also, I think next time, I will do oil AND butter ... I think I used too much oil, and the heat needs to be more towards the medium range, I think. Also, the chili definitely gave it a KICK. Ummm, not a problem, except I was HOT from cooking, eating, drinking and rushing to get ready to go out with my girlfriend ... then I had a slight case of burpees the rest of the evening!  Yes, I WILL make it again but more shrimp, less veggies, add butter AND definitely cook up the bread in skillet!

Linking up with the following great hostesses! parties: Mop It Up Monday, Mangia Monday, Creative Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Show Me What You GotMade By You Monday, Muffin Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, Meatless Monday, Marvelous Mess, Mix and Mingle, Menu Planning, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, Tempt My Tummy, Made From Scratch, Tasty Tidbits, Tuesday At The Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Timeout, Handmade Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Made Famous By, What's Cooking Wednesday, Its a Party!, Show and Tell, Recipe SwapSugar and Spice, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Homemade By You, Lil Luna Link Party, Ultimate Recipe Swap, What's Cooking Thursday, Show Your Stuff, Taste This Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Somewhat Simple, Frugal Fridays, Food on Friday, Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Friday Foodfight, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Inspirations, Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Feature Yourself Saturday, Not Bad Sunday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Sundae Scoop

Comments

  1. OK, cooking with beer. It must be close to summer. What a fresh healthy meal. Please share this on my foodie friday party today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs