Mango Salsa

I posted another Mango Salsa a while ago ... remember, I spent like $7 for that little container at Whole Foods? Yikes.

This one is an accompaniment to the pork loin I made on my day off.

I used canned mangos. I know. But it's all I had and there way no way in hell I was going to a store JUST to buy a mango. We all know how that works out.



Here you have it ... and let me tell you, canned or not? It was delicious!

1 can of mangos, drained well (get rid of that icky light syrup)
2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro (this guarantees that Hubby will not eat it but it's ok, he's not a fan of mangos either)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and then diced small (I love my jalapeno tree - the thing grew huge)
juice of one lime

See, canned mango isn't really all that bad



I mean, it's already cut away from that horrible pit and peeled too!


And I bet that can had enough for TWO mangos. Chop up the mangos in to bite size pieces.




Mix all in a bowl


Add a touch of salt and taste ... add more salt if needed. Set aside til ready to serve ...


This will so be going on my steak salad next time I make it!

And, yes, I do believe I could use this as a dip for tortilla chips. The other recipe also had red onions (which I don't have) .... I could easily add a tsp of green onions, finely sliced.

So how about YOU ... do you like cilantro or not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs