Chicken Parmesan - another hit!

It's so easy, even a Caveman can do it (quick, name that commercial!) ... whatever. No points to be had!

I knew that I had everyone home for dinner tonight so I wanted to make something easy, that would please the masses AND that was yummy ... needless to say, this fit all three!



Not a whole lot of ingredients either, and I had everything on hand so I was able to spend the whole weekend without spending a single dime. Score!



Original recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman (who by the way, hardly ever fails me ... only once, the chicken pasta casserole dishy thing) ... but here's how I made mine:

2 jumbo size still attached, boneless/skinless chicken breast (these come from Penn Dutch)
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
3/4 cup wine (I used white)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbs butter
2 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
1 cup cheese, mozzarella and/or Parmesan. I used a combination as that's what I had on hand
1 lb cooked spaghetti

Slice breast thin, horizontally. I was able to get 4 slices per breast. Best way to do this is lay palm flat on top of breast to hold and apply pressure evenly while slowly slicing. Obviously, use the sharpest knife you have. Your other option would be to pound the heck out of 4 breast and cut in half. Nah.

Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. I used my stainless steel pan because we will be deglazing and it's hard to do on a non-stick pan.

Put flour on plate (I use paper for easier cleanup), add salt and pepper, and dredge chicken in flour on both sides to lightly coat. Shake off excess and lay carefully in pan. Allow chicken to cook, without moving, for about 2 minutes, til edges start to brown. Turn over and brown the other side, remove to dish to keep warm and repeat with remaining chicken.


Once done, add a little more olive oil if needed and toss in onions and garlic. Saute til soft and then pour in the wine, scrapping the yummy bits off bottom of pan.



Let wine simmer and cook down til thickened, and then add all the sauce, along with 2 tsp sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Add chicken to the sauce, pressing down into the sauce. Top with cheese, cover pan and let simmer til cheese is melted.



Put small mound of pasta on dish, top with chicken and pour a little extra sauce over the top.



This was so good. Hubby requested that I cook down the onions a little more next time (he hates chunky stuff in the sauce). I think I'll chop them up finer next time.

Serve with salad and garlic bread. Yummm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs